This morning we woke up, realized Dave had absolutely nothing going on and decided, what the heck, lets go to the Zoo. I can't even tell you how excited Emma got. She sang a super fast version of her clean-up song while she picked up toys faster than I have ever seen. She was that excited. At the zoo she ran and ran and ran. She was always an animal ahead of us. It was fun to see her little blonde pig-tails bouncing along. She would stop long enough to do impressions of the animals for us. So flippin funny. Kids make things so fun. Our little Ali was only awake for half of it but while she was awake she was wide eyed and happy.
Still growing
Ali is about as big as the gorilla's head
This is Ali chilling in the stroller. Isn't she beautiful. I can't believe how fast she is growing! She is starting to lose the newborn look and take on a baby one. I love the magic of watching them grow and change.
Dave and Emma on the choo-choo train ride. I wish you could have seen how excited Emma really was. She loved the train.
Me and little Al on the train. Ali loved the vibrations of the train. It shook her little chubby cheeks. So funny. Did I mention how I love her cheeky-cheeks. Just look how pinchable.
The elephants were Emma's favorite animal once she realized there were no "neighs." We tried convincing her the Zebras were a striped horse but she didn't go for it.
Taking a nap in the snugli
My big girl...oh I forgot to mention Emma saw her friend Cameron at the zoo. Made the day even more exciting for her. Later at volleyball the two walked around holding hands and dancing. Speaking of Emma and Cameron. I took them to the nursery to pick out some toys to play with on the stage. Cameron picked out three big trucks and Emma picked out two my little ponys and an elephant. It was funny seeing the gender differences emerging.
I love the look on Emma's face. She had this look of awe and excitement on the whole day.
4 comments:
Holy Cow! Ali in the stroller looks SO much like Dave!!! The other's don't so much, so you have a chance Brit of having her still look like you. It could be just the expression, but HOLY COW! Zoo looked fun! I am so glad you had a blast! Sounds like good excercise too! Chasing Emma around and all! Kids can really haul when they are excited!
Hi Honey cute pictures. perfect day for a trip to the zoo!
I just had the realization that you have two children! Holy cow! You are the mother of two. Wow and wow. I don't know why that just hit me so hard all of the sudden. You are a real time grown up, full fledged parent. That is amazing. Congratulations man. Someday I will join the ranks and we can take our children to the zoo togeher. Coo? Keep up all your amazing work.
So nice to have a zoo close to home. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment