
wheww Ali is 6 weeks old and I just barely finished her blanket last night. I tell ya between taking care of my kids, trying to stay up on my cleaning and helping dave out with school I just don't have much "free" time. Last night I decided I needed to get Ali's "mimi" done and I would just have to stay up late to do it. I finally got to bed a little after 1:00, which is late for me! I love how it turned out though. The problem was I saw the yarn in Hobby Lobby and just fell in love with it. I tried a few different patterns but didn't like how they were turning out so I decided to just do my own thing and make something basic, basic is about all I can handle in the crocheting department. Anyways this is what I came up with.

Ali loves it. It is really soft and she just nuzzles into it.
Quick Ali update...She is starting to smile!! Oh and she loves to pull her hair. She grabs a handful and bellows until we come unclench her little fist.
Here is sweet little Emma and her "mimi." As you can see it is well loved. Mimi is Emma's comfort object to say the least. She has to have it to sleep and she cries when we have to wash it. Emma's blanket was actually the first one I did. When I was pregnant with her I was determined to crochet my baby a blanket. I taught myself off of the Internet. I had to start over numerous times. I don't know why I just didn't ask my sister-in-laws who are experts. Ah well. Since then I made dave a full size blanket and a few baby blankets for family and friends.
Had to add a picture of Emma as a baby with her mimi, there were a lot to choose from, seriously the thing went everywhere with her. Tickles my heart a little.
5 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous, I love the colors. You are so talented. I'm glad the girls are doing so well. Can't wait to see their Halloween coustumes! Hint hint, would love one of your talented blankets when some day Kylee comes.
It is so cute! That yarn looks so so soft and fuzzy, she looks like she is loving it! I love little Ali's smile!!! Emma is so sweet and cute, now and when she was a baby!
sooooo cute!!! miss you honey this is a long week.
Adorable girls.I love Ali cheeks.the blanket is beautiful.you have to came over and teach me how to make it.You are so talent!!!!!!!!!!!
Emma's blanket seems to have faded a bit since it was new! Looks like my kids' "B"s. They have always insisted on taking them everywhere and Ellie's a little shrunken, faded thing now 4 1/2 years later.
I made that pumpkin roll recipe today and it turned out really great.
Post a Comment