This last weekend was Ali's very first camping trip. Not bad for just turning a month old today! It was also our last family camping trip of the season :( Dave will probably venture out again with some friends but its just getting to cold for the girls (me included). Considering we were in moab with Jess and B I don't even need to say it, but I will, WE HAD A BLAST! We were able to get some hiking, biking, jeepin and relaxing in. The weather cooperated nicely. It was between 40 and 70 pretty much the whole time. Not to hot and not to cold. It was fun bundling in our little tent as a family at night. I think for Christmas we are going to upgrade to a bigger one though. So one night we were serenaded by a pack of coyotes. It was pretty cool. Alright I'll be honest it scared me, it sounded like they were right outside our tent. So poor Emma had so much fun in "MOMO" that on the way home she kept throwing up. She was a trooper though. It was a great trip. Moab is always so much fun.
When we were packing the car to head to moab we looked out the window to see Emma putting her sand toys in the car.....she loves just playing in the sand. When Dave took off biking or jeeping it was nice because Emma just played, Ali slept and I relaxed in the sun with a book
Ali enjoying stretching after being cooped up in the snuggly while we hiked to corona arch.
ah so flippin cute

Notice that Ali and Emma give the exact same crusty

Poor Ali wasn't quite big enough to go on a bike ride yet

Emma had her first ride on Slickrock. She loved it. She kept yelling "WEEEEE bike ride!" Only Dave is crazy enough to take a bike trailer and a 4 lb. yorkie on Slickrock, a technical, well-known play ground for mountain bikes.

You can see how much Emma loves bike rides by the expression on her face.

B and Dave took the little ones on a night time jeep ride over baby lyons back. Notice their seatbelts.
3 comments:
Dang your baby is cute. I think she is going to end up looking more like you. She has Scriver features. I cannot believe you take a one month old camping! You are my hero! When I get married you will have to give me, "how to be cool when you have a young family" lessons. Okay?
You are amazing, the outdoor adventures are very courageous. I'm so glad that you all enjoy them. Perfect pictures as well!
I am so jealous! We are definitely planning a camping trip up there next year sometime!
I love the picture of Ali on the rock. So perfect.
Post a Comment