What a great day. Today Dave blessed our sweet little Ali. The blessing was beautiful. It meant so very much to me to listen to Dave bless our daughter. After the blessing we had a luncheon (by the way Emmy, I stole your recipe for BBQ beef, it was perfect) at our house. It was so fun having all of our family and friends (minus you out of towners we dearly missed) there. It is the best thing to have a house and yard full of people you hold dear.
This is Ali right after we got back from church. She was out! Isn't her dress so pretty! My mom bought it, She bought Emma's also. What a wonderful treasure that will be for them from Grandma. Thanks mom.
Ali with Aunt Kati
Wanted to note, Emma was there, somewhere. She was much to busy to get her picture taken. All the ones I tried ended up blurry, because she was runnin!
I loved that my dad was here. I love my dad so much. He is such an amazing man. I aspire to be like him. He was in Germany when we blessed Emma so it meant so much he could be here for Ali's.

Had to add these pictures. After most everyone had left we put all the miller cousins in their Halloween costumes. As I was looking through the pictures I was laughing SO hard. You put 5 overly tired little ones in hot Halloween costumes on a couch and try to get them to pose your in for some funny pictures that's for sure.
This pic was also a must....the only kitty uncle B isn't allergic to.
I must admit working on this particular post has put me in a much better mood. I have a confession, I was just working on some last minute homework of Daves (we are both horrible, horrible procrastinators). As I worked on the readings, papers and quizzes I was getting really depressed because everything I had to study was condoning horrible things. It made me sick thinking of raising my girls in such a world. Working on this blog reminded me how thankful I am to have the gospel in my life, to have the truth and know I can teach my girls what is right especially when the world in general is progressively accepting the wrong as right. It also reminded me of all the great family and friends we have to help us raise our girls.
5 comments:
Such a beautiful day, beautiful blessing, and beautiful baby! It was so funny to have all those kids crying on the couch, trying to get them to smile for the picture. lol! Turned out great! You guys were great party hosts! -oh and great food!
I went through some of those same school moments you described and I was always so grateful to have the gospel as a measuring stick. I never had to wonder; I never had to get caught up in the philisophical debates. I just knew and I felt sad for those who didn't.
Anyway, Ali looks beautiful and I'm glad that recipe worked out for you.
Wish we would have known so that we could have been there. It sounded perfect though. Gorgeous gown!
OH how precious!!! I had so much fun at her blessing thanks for inviting me. You and Dave are so lucky I love you both and the girls too!!!
holy crap, she looks so adorible! congrats you two.. long time no see,, hope all is well!
Post a Comment