
There's my little monkey! My little 2 lb. 2 oz. monkey. My last little monkey. Check out the little one's lips! I know I've seen luscious lips like that before...hmmm...that's right on Dave AND Ali. Oh, how I love those lips. I have to say, this ultrasound went much better than the last one. Baby was very awake and very active. The tech kept laughing and asked numerous times, "Does it always kick this much and this STRONGLY?". Why yes, yes it does. And "Did you notice it's feet are right on top of your bladder." Yup. Sure did. I swear if I make it through this pregnancy without peeing my pants it will be a miracle. Let's just say there have been some close calls and some intense moments of panic. Anyway, Ali came with me to the ultrasound and sat giggling in a chair watching, "mama's baby" the whole time and even played peek-a-boo with it when it's little face would appear on screen. Pretty dang cute, if you ask me.
Oh and let's hear it for the THIRD TRIMESTER!!! The end is in sight, my friends. Only 12 more weeks. Ha! Only! But then again, 12 weeks isn't a whole lot of time considering we haven't done ANYTHING to prepare for our new addition yet. I suppose we should really get a jump on finishing a room for it and buying a car seat and a few clothes.
The downside of the third trimester is I'm definitely feeling BIG. My back kills with this pregnancy for some reason. I'm also having severe circulation problems in my legs because of how the baby sits. My legs constantly ache and throb and go numb. I've cried numerous times over the ugly varicose veins and the new spider veins that pop up daily. Sure they hurt like no one's business but that's not why I cry. Who would have thought I was so vain about my legs?! Speaking of vain, how ridiculous is it that my driver's license expired in March but I refuse to go get it renewed until I have the baby because I don't want to be prego for the driver's license picture yet again. Sheesh. Anyway, back to my aches and pains...luckily, this pregnancy I have exercise. It helps SO much. Physically and emotionally. After a workout I feel so much more limber and happy, not as prego and the aches and pains are either not as bad or easier to ignore. Although...I am starting to feel a little ridiculous in Zumba lately. Haha, I'm sure I'm quite the sight ;).
Once again, CANNOT wait to meet this little one. Oh, how I want to rip it from my womb and cover it in hugs and kisses. I suppose I'll have to wait. Sigh.
6 comments:
Awwwe!!! Brit your baby is so cute! I am so excited for HIM to be here :) It is so hard to read this and still want to get pregnant one more time... It can get so miserable at times... Ugh. I have time- I don't need to worry about it right now right?? I still have a few months before I have to think about it..... None the less- I am super excited and it is always worth those miserable times for those sweet sweet babies!
How amazing to see so much detail! I'm excited for you!!
I am SURE you are one of those ADORABLE pregnant people--I can't see how you WOULDN'T BE. I am so excited to see what you are having--you're really going to make us wait another 12 weeks?!!? DOn't know if I can handle it! :) jk!
So excited for you!
That is so cute! It's awesome how Ali was playing peek-a-boo...love it!
So excited all seems to e going well. Simply adorable!
i'm so happy for you guys! the third trimester is something to be celebrated!! i guess this one is going to be a surprise? that will be so fun!
miss you guys!
Post a Comment