Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Zoo

We went...

We saw...




We played...


We ran...



And we got wet. Very wet.

Surprisingly, not so much from the scattered thundershowers. I found it a little bit funny that as parents were dragging their kids away from the water fountain ball with threats of pneumonia (it was a rather chilly day especially after the clouds and rain moved in) my kids were diving right in and laughing all the while Dave and I just sat back and watched them happy they were entertaining themselves. We finally decided to play the part of responsible parents and drug the monkeys away after Ali's lips turned blue and she started shivering like crazy. Emma didn't get quite as wet. She is always a bit more responsible and reserved. All in all fabulous day for the zoo.

3 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Holy Crep! Who are those beautiful OLD girls?!?! Where has time gone? I have missed so much and truly miss you all! Glad you enjoyed more time as a family!

Heather Rose said...

what a fun post!! I was thinking i either need to get a camera like yours or you can come with us on all of our family outings and take pics for us :) Your post made the zoo so magical I wana go :)

Jess Young said...

Does this mean you are not coming with us to the zoo this Thursday?