
Oh life....it sure can pop ya surprises huh. I was on my way to my mom's house Sat. morning. We were going to spend the day getting makeovers and shopping for "if this baby ever comes out of me clothes". Dave was working a 24 so I was excited to spend the day doing girl stuff with my mom and sister. We were approaching the Dam in Hyrum when all of a sudden my car went "BAMMM" the tires all locked and started squealing and I lost all control of the vehicle. I couldn't steer or stop or anything. Poor Emma starting wailing. Poor dave, I was on the phone with him (shame shame I know) he thought i was in an accident. So did I actually, anyways my car finally came to a safe halt (wheww) but it wouldn't go. I got out checked the tires thinking I had blown one or something. I couldn't see anything so I got back in my car and waited. No idea what else to do. Some good Samaritans stopped and helped push my car off the road and i caught a ride with my mom. It was kind of scary because the excitement or hitting the seatbelt or something put me into some pretty good contractions for a bit. Anyways to make a long story short I spent three days at my parents house while my dad fixed my car. A CV joint locked and blew and locked up all the other tires and my front axle broke. I was so excited when my dad got it done I was excited to get home and see my honey. Turns out it wasn't fixed. We only fixed the little problem. Its looking like transmission problems. Crap. Dave came and got me (sweet boy had worked all night and been in class all morning) and we had to leave "lightning McQueen" in Hyrum. Emma named our car. She loves telling the story of how lightning McQueen went Bam and got an owie and how she gave it kisses and how Grandpa pulled it. I love my car. Sigh, ah well, there is good in every story. I mean look at all the help we got from my parents (love ya guys) and the good Samaritans. While I was in Hyrum we were able to have a family dinner at my brothers house. Emma got to ride horses, big ones. She was such a big girl sitting on the horse by herself yelling "giddyup!" The hardest part was being away from dave. Anyways here is hoping we get it figured out soon, its our only car that will hold two car seats!
3 comments:
Oh Poor Brittney! How scary to have your car lock up around Hyrum Dam. I always feared going off of those cliffs while turning a corner at the Dam. Scary Scary. Sorry to hear about the car. But, your car sure is cute! I like it very very much.
Brit, that is so scary! Cars going out of control is like a huge fear to me! I am so glad you and Emma and Ali pulled through ok! Thanks for the help with the burn, Than neosporin is really helping.
I'm so glad you're all safe. I'm also glad Em got to ride some big neigh's
Post a Comment