Thursday, August 23, 2007

Roar!

Poor Dave, he finally had a few hours off so what do I do? I drag him out of bed well more accurately didn't let him go back to bed after a dentist apt. I was sooooo excited to have him home I thought it would be fun to take Em to the dinosaur park. My poor honey was like a zombie. Its hard for me to remember that when he is home I need to let him rest. I am home all the time with Em so I get excited to go do things when he is home. Will I ever learn....I must give him a full day of recovery. Did I mention this is a 108 hr. work week for the poor kid, plus he started school. Don't worry it won't always be like this, he only has two more shifts before training is over and then he will only be working one full time job and one per-diem versus 2 full time jobs. Anyways the dinosaur park was fun. Emma was so funny. She loved the dinosaurs from the comfort of Dave's shoulders or the safety of the stroller but if we tried to get her up close and personal with one she freaked. See the last picture. She also wasn't to fond of the growls coming from the bushes. She did fall in love with one little dinosaur, we couldn't get her off of it. She thought if was a horse. Nutty girl. Dave snuck in a little catnap when we got back and then we had a fun family night with pizza, milkshakes and a movie. I know I know not very nutritious but hey we were celebrating!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Michele said...

That was one of our favorite places when we last visited. Logan loved every minute, his favorite was feeding the fish though, hmmm not real dinosaury I guess.

Emily said...

Wow, poor Dave. I get so ornrey when I don't get my 8 hours of sleep. I can't imagine working 103 hours. You guys are amazing.

Jess Young said...

I just caugth up on your last two weeks of entries (Harry Potter has kept me off the computer that long). Give me a call if you need to get out for a day.

Ann Michelle Miller said...

Oh my goodness poor Em she looked so scared LOL. You need to call me so we can hang out!!! I got a camera and need lots of pictures of my family!!! Speaking of which Jessica needs to get a blog!! How is the one of us married to a computer genius doesn't blog? I love all the pictures you guys post up. I am so proud of David he is such a hard worker. Love you, call me!!!

Dave said...

Britt I think this was the last time I spent time with you and em. howie and I sure miss you two. we will have to do something fun tonight! Sorry I'm so sleepy all the time.

Jess Young said...

Hey, I think it's our turn for Thanksgiving this year. We can do it at our house if you all want to, there should be enough room.