Friday, June 20, 2008

~Sunny San Diego~

What a vacation!!! We just got back from San Diego. We left Sunday night, reached San Diego Monday morning, spent four glorious days there and then drove home last night. We spent the mornings park hopping and then the rest of the days we spent on the beach. This was my first time seeing the ocean. I instantly fell in love. Here are some highlights from our trip

The Beach

I loved, absolutely loved playing in the warm sand and then wave jumping in the refreshing water. If the kids would have allowed it I think I would have spent all four days from morning until night on the beach. So it was interesting to see Emma and Ali's personalities and temperaments really shine through on how they played. Emma who has a slow-to-warm temperament and hates to be dirty sat on a towel and played and would furiously brush the sand off of her body whenever it got on her. By the fourth day she had warmed up to the idea and was playing in the sand and water and having a grand ol' time. Ali, from the moment we put her down was off crawling, rolling and diving in the sand. She shoved fistful after fistful of sand into her mouth. She was so stinkin cute and happy. What silly girls. It sure is fun to celebrate their differences.

Sea World
Loved, loved, loved Sea World. We actually spent two days at Sea World. While there we hit a whale and a dolphin show that were a ton of fun. We sat in the splash zone both times but seemed to be the only 4 individuals who didn't get wet, at all. Emma and Ali had a blast. I love how all of the exhibits were really interactive. They also had a killer play area!
San Diego Zoo


All I can say is, Wow.

The Wild Animal Park
We actually didn't spend much time here. We went on the safari (which was cool) and that was about it. It was so stinkin' hot, over a hundred and we were all eager to hit the beach and cool off.

Most of our vacations we spend camping so I really felt pampered this trip. We are all dreadfully sunburned ( I SLATHERED us all in sunscreen numerous times a day but still we burned) and soooo tired. That of course must mean that it was a fabulous trip.

8 comments:

Krystal said...

SO JEALOUS!! We went there in Feb. and have been dying to go back ever since! I love all the pics! It brought back many memories. I especially love Ali's sand covered grinny-face! What a doll. It's true, differences in your children are wonderful. It makes them special individuals. Anyway, I am glad you were able to get away...a vacation well deserved, i'm sure, since you have been enduring school for so long!! Glad you made it back safely though. Enjoy catching up on rest and laundry!!

HappyHodges said...

I am so excited that the trip turned out so perfect! Although still wish I was there ;) I must ask who is that hot mama in the bikini?!?! You look fabulous!!! And what a cute wardrobe for the rest of the trip, who does your shopping, he he?!?!?! I will admit I missed you guys so so much cant wait to get together!

Emmy Bludorn said...

I'm jealous - that looks like a fun trip. Matt and I were just talking about how fun it is to go on a vacation in a real hotel with just us and our kids. Those girls look hot in that last picture!

Michele said...

Oh, how fun, except the heat, I just can't take the heat. The 70's are more to my liking. I'd be at the beach too, except I'm a girlie girl like Em, I love the sand on my feet and thats about it. We are going to have to take the boys to Sea World, so cool looking!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

That looks like such a blast! I'm so glad you guys ended up going. We are going beginning of August and I can't wait! I am just like Emma, I hate being sandy. I love sitting and reading on the beach, but I hate it when anything but my feet get sandy and when my towel gets any sandy. So we're on the same page! So glad you guys had fun!

Jessica Adamson said...

sounds so wonderful! I just did the whole San Deigo thing this time last year. Its great isn't it??? if you check your blog today, like in the next two hours, I'm going to the zoo with a bunch of my friends and thier little ones....come if you can...but its soo last minute...just give me a call either way. if I don't hear from you, I'll just assume you didn't get this on time.

Jess Adamson
801-209-6269

Emily said...

Britt, you are amazing. Holy cow you are amazing. You honestly never cease to amaze me. Wow and wow is all I can say. PS you convinced me to switch to bar soap.

Jess Young said...

Sounds like a really incredible trip. Glad you guys had so much fun- hope the sandy diapers were fun to change:) (I've heard a lot about them from Aubrey). Dove bar soap!?! Can you say ichy, ichy, rashy, rashy... tried it once and never again.