Friday, June 27, 2008

Has anyone else noticed....

ITS HOT?!? Some things we are doing to keep cool and still have fun
  • Playing at Cherry Hill. We practically live there. When Dave is at work I will take the girls and we will hang out in the kids pool for hours. When Dave is home we go and are able to hit the deep pool and the lazy river. I'm lovin it! We have also discovered Ali is a little water monkey.

  • Slidin on the Slip and Slide! Emma received a little mermaid slip n slide for her birthday (thanks Jess and B!). At first Em would just run up and down it giggling. I decided to show her how it really works. Hopefully no neighbors were driving by or looking out their windows because I'm not sure how attractive a grown woman barreling down a slip n slide is (we really need to get our backyard up and going). The best part though was little Ali playing in the pool at the end. She giggled and waved (a newly acquired skill that melts my heart) as I slid toward her. Well after the demonstrations (it was more fun then I thought, I had to keep showing her, hehe) Emma would dive on her tummy. She wasn't able to get enough momentum on her own though so I would give her a big shove and off she would go.

  • Enjoying cool treats. Shown here is one of our favorites, frozen go-gurt. Other treats we love.....frozen grapes, otter pops and of course the occasional milkshake.

Also, wanted to thank everyone for their children's book recommendations! We went and checked out ones from the lists that we haven't read before at the library. Emma is soooo excited!

3 comments:

HappyHodges said...

So i am truly upset I didn't show up to your place while you were giving slip n slide "instructions", he he thats the best!

Dave said...

sorry I missed the slip and slide it work week has been long!!! glad the girls liked it! love you

Krystal said...

Isn't summer the best? The Heat...not so much, but I LOVE having fun with kids like that. I am also jealous because I love slip n' slides and currently I am unable to flop this big old melon on one!! Glad you had fun! Oh, and Addy had that same suit as Ali when she was littler - isn't it so cute??