Monday, June 9, 2008

A whirlwind of events and possibly my longest post ever.

Whew, what a crazy busy, super fun week! My Uncle Ron, Aunt Michele and two sweet cousins came down from Montana and stayed with us for 5 days. While they were here we...

Went to Tyler (my adorable baby brother) and Makinleys wedding. It was so beautiful and the reception was so much fun! Emma and Ali made the absolute cutest flower girls ever. I was sad I didn't get to see them walk down the isle, I came down the isle quite a bit after them so missed it. At the reception they had dancing, it was so much fun watching Logan and Emma dancing up a storm. Emma danced with Dave (I cried it was so sweet), Tyler and of course Logan, it was heart wrenchingly cute.


Went through the temple with Ron and Michele and then went to their sealing. Words can't even explain the beauty of this day. My heart was burning with happiness for them. I'm so glad they let us be part of their special, special day.

Celebrated Emma's birthday! I do a birthday table for my kids, well and Dave, on their birthdays. So Emma woke up to presents, balloons, and cute odds and ends birthday stuff on the table. We then spent the day at the Gateway. We played in the fountains, spent hours at the children's museum and went to build-a-bear. I decided against a big party this year so we could take Em to build a bear instead. She picked out a puppy (of course). She then dressed it up in U of U football gear even though I kept showing her princess dresses and birthday hats. Nope, she wanted football stuff, Dave was elated. Later that day we had cake and presents at the park.

Birthday bedhead!

Emma's favorite part of the museum was the farm. She especially loved the horse.

Adam and Mindy spent the day with us. What great friends!

Als loved the baby section in the museum!

We all made some birthday hats in the art room. Pretty huh!

Meet Cooper, Emma's new best friend. He loves football and sings Happy Birthday. I loved the build-a-bear experience. Emma was sooo excited. I should devote a whole post just to build-a-bear!


and yes....Emma got her much anticipated blue birthday cake.

We also, hit the zoo! So much stinkin fun I tell ya! Emma's favorite part was the elephants and Ali's was the giraffes.



This last picture was just too cute not to share. We stopped at discovery land in the zoo to let Emma and Logan play for a bit. I leaned down to check on Ali in the stroller, she was just sitting there watching everyone play and sucking her toe happily, little nut! Speaking of Als, she had her first tooth pop through!!!! I discovered it when she bit my finger in church. She also crawled, real live up on her hands and knees. She still army crawls for the most part but shes getting it. Ohhhh, my baby is growing up :(


Well, I know this post totally kills the short and sweet philosophy but thanks for hangin in there. We just had so much fun and I wanted to share it all.

6 comments:

Jessica Adamson said...

As always, it sounds like one wonderful adventure after another. Glad the wedding and the sealing went well....we really should hang out sometime this crazy busy summer....

Jess

HappyHodges said...

I am so glad you had such a great week, with you family! Thanks again for letting us share in Emmas day! Man one turned 3 and the other crawling and growing teeth, were has time gone?

Kati said...

Is that carosel at the zoo? I have never seen it! Hyrums favorite part of the museum was the farm and he loved the kitchen! He and this other boy were in the kitchen forever pretending to cook all these things, I was dying of laughter! I want to take my kids to build-a-bear SO BAD!!! I think it is such an awesome thing! Seriously though! We should have had a big party for Em anyway! We can all help with food and no docorations (common for me). We totally need to get together more! Tyler and his bride look absolutely amazing! What a busy fun week for you guys! Congrats Ron and Michelle! How totally exciting and joyful! Oh and also Congrats to Ali- what a big few days, tooth and crawling! WOW!!! That is a lot to take in! I love the toe picture, I used to suck on my toes too...

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

That looks like such a fun weekend, way to fit it all in! You're smart to put off those crazy birthday parties as long as possible!

Krystal said...

It looks like you guys had a busy but thrilling weekend! Your girls are adorable, as always, and great memories were made. Good for you guys. Have you recovered yet? I am amazed at what you fit in!

Jess Young said...

What a fun, busy week. Had I known you had so much going on I would have found someone else to watch Josh while we went to dr. checkups. Sorry. Oh and the family pics are adorable and beautiful.