Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tour De Cure

First of all, I am tired. I feel a little ridiculous stating that considering that I pretty much just stood around in the beautiful sunshine all day, chased little ones and chatted it up with my mom, sister and sister-in-law. The boys shown above were the ones actually working. Dave, my dad and brother Tyler all rode in the Tour de Cure. It was such a fun event. The picture is taken of the biking trio right before the race started. If you look real close you can see Emma in the background in her biking jersey. If you look even closer you can see her pretty pink bike that she insisted we bring. Boy oh boy did she cry and cry when all the bikers, especially Dave, took off without her. Poor kid, wanted to race so bad. The time will come.

I must say, Dave did awesome! I was a little worried about him because he was ending a 72 hr. work week. We also went to bed late and woke up bright, well not so bright, it was still kind of dark, and early. Our alarm went off at 4:45. Despite his exhaustion he was able to beat his time from the Salt Lake Century by over an hour! He finished 103 miles in 6 hrs. and 15 min. INCREDIBLE! I felt so bad because we were just unloading the kids and walking towards the finish line when I saw him zoom by. I left my kids with Makinley and ran after him. Poor boy, had no one to cheer for him at the end.

My Dad and Tyler finished in just 8 hrs. and 20 minutes. I was so proud of them. After they finished we all hung out and the boys ate some yummy BBQ. They had a raffle going on that we listened to for a bit. The girls were done so we headed to the car. We were on the other side of the football field when we heard them announce a 50 dollar gift certificate for sportsman's warehouse. We paused, because admit it, that is one cool prize. To our surprise they called Dave's number. He started hollering and yelling and took off sprinting across the football field. How he was able to run I have no idea. Anyway, it was a great day. A wonderful, beautiful, bright and sunny day spent with those I love. I'll leave you with one last picture. Its a good one. It shows the girls in their biking jerseys and Emma with her pretty pink bike.
Also, I want to wish Dave a Happy Fathers day. Thanks for being such a hard working, thoughtful and loving husband and father. We love you so much. Also, I want to wish a Happy Fathers day to my dad. My dad is amazing. He is so humble, optimistic, patient and has an inner core of strength and love that amazes me. Thanks Dad, I sure love ya! Happy Fathers day you guys!

8 comments:

HappyHodges said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krystal said...

Wow, how does he do it? With a busy work schedule and lost sleep? I would pass out for sure! Good Job Dave - and Happy Father's day!

Kati said...

Well fun! That is awesome about the raffle! Congrats again Dave!

Kati said...

OH!!! And Congrats to Tyler and you dad! Totally awesome to finish such an expedition! Looks like the jersey fits Em! I am so glad!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Wow, Dave's been busy with the biking. Good for him. You guys look like you're having a fun summer. I love the biking jerseys for the girls!

Jess Young said...

Em is so funny. I love stories about my nieces and nephews and the silly things they do and say. I'm glad you at least got to see Dave cross the finish line.

Krystal said...

You've been Tagged!

The Morton Family said...

WAY TO GO DAVE! Dang, I am so lazy compared to you guys!

Love all the pic's and the girls are soooooo pretty!

BTW, I tagged ya!

Hugs!