Friday, August 27, 2010

Another Birth Story



My whole pregnancy Ali was convinced she too had a baby in her tummy. Emma had done the exact same thing when I was pregnant with Ali and when I had Ali, that was the end of it. I guess I kind of expected for the same outcome with Ali and her "baby".
But nope...about a week after I had Canyon, Ali came to me in tears, literally big-fat-crocodile tears and asked, "You take me to doctor to get my baby out?" And then she burst out bawling, "It just won't come!!"

It hit me right about then that the poor kid seriously believed she had a baby in her tummy just like I had. And...she didn't believe me when I kindly tryed to explain that didn't have a baby in there. Dave, the genious, came up with a plan and ran to the store for a cheap doll. When he got home we told Ali that Daddy and I were going to help her have her baby at home. She was skeptical, thinking only a doctor was qualified for such things and all until Emma grabbed her hand and took over the show. Apparently Emma was as good as any ol' doctor in her book.

Emma layed a towel on the floor, instructed Ali to lay down on her back and then proceeded to hold Ali's legs and told her to "push lots". Huh, what?! I. was. FLOORED. Where in the world did she learn so much about childbirth for goodness sakes?! As far as I know she was nestled cozily in bed at grandpas house when I was squeezing Canyon out. Anyway, I let Emma coach, Dave take pictures and I plopped the undressed doll on Ali's tummy. Her look in the picture says it all...

She was euphoric....and then she asked when the other baby in her tummy was going to come out. With some smooth talking we convinced her that WAS the baby from her belly. She promptly named him, "Tanyon" dressed him in pretty pink clothes and fed him milk from her tummy. She's been a good little mommy and "Tanyon" goes almost everywhere with us in his own little "SeatCar".

2 comments:

jessi9380 said...

Lol. Hilarious. :-)

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

that. is. amazing!!
what a sweet (creative) family you've got!