Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of Kindergarten

So I've maybe, kinda', sorta' been wishing this day would never come. A bit dramatic? Haha, perhaps, but I mean...Kindergarten...first day of real school...my baby. As sad as it made me it was a lot harder on the little bed-headed, pajama clad two-year-old.


As soon as Emma left Ali curled up in a ball and layed on the living room floor sucking her thumb.
"Ali, what's wrong, honey?"

"I sad my sissy not here."

and then a bit later she came wandering over with her large, sad, puppy dog eyes and whimpered,

"you my new best friend because sissy left me."

Poor girl had only Canyon and I to play ponies with and apparently we didn't do it right. Nor do we sing the right songs to her while she went potty. In short, we were a bad substitute for her favorite person. And when Emma walked in the door later Ali dashed to her with a big hug and kiss and said, "I missed you SOOOO much". Priceless.

The sad part is Emma was only gone for a whole 2 1/2 hours today. Next week she will be gone for almost 8 hours a day. I haven't broken it to Ali yet.

Well, now that you know how Ali and I fared you are probably wondering about Emma.



Dave was with her the whole time (it was a cross between first day of school and a back-to-school night, weird, I know) and he assured me she rocked it. I knew she would. Emma loved her first day so much she has been talking about it non-stop since she got home. She is SO ready for school. She loves learning and meeting new friends so it's just her thing. Dangit.

4 comments:

Jess Young said...

I'm so happy to hear about her first day of school. Way to go Em. And Ali and mommy, well, good luck. Gone for 8 hours in Kindergarten though???

Rachel Holloway said...

She is SO precious--and I think you will find that a whole new little personality emerges from this new adventure called school! :) So fun and exciting!!

Kati said...

What a hard day for you and Ali!!!!! I am so happy that Emma loved it though!

HappyHodges said...

Where has time gone... amazing how it flys by!