Monday, March 19, 2012
As Predicted
That would be about a foot and a half of fresh new snow... and to think, a couple of days ago it was t-shirt and flip-flop weather. Ali has requested sledding, snowman building and lots of hot chocolate for today. If you can't change it..embrace it, right? That is what we shall do.
Btw-we were talking to some of our fellow mountaineers last night while we waited for the gate to our little community to be fixed (we were locked off our mountain for a bit) and it turns out I wasn't the only one to crash a vehicle on our mountain this year. In two short days there were 8 crashes. 8! Our dear friends actually rolled their truck AND just mere weeks later crashed their new Lexus. It hasn't been an overly snowy year but the yo-yoing temperatures have resulted in thick ice coatings on the roads. While 2008 will forever be known as the year of the snow (we didn't live here yet but we have heard many horror stories - some people were snowed in for over a week!) 2012 looks like it will forever be known as the year of the ice. Always an adventure up here, I tell you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am sure it is the pregnancy... But I read the post about beautiful Ali and her glasses and your purrfect weather and then when I read and saw the picture of all the snow, I couldn't help but start crying... I will blame it on the wreaks, they make me soggy eyed.
I am so glad you embrace it! Way to go!
OH.MY.GOSH.
WHAT?!!? I think I would cry, but your idea of embracing is probably a better idea. :)
I can't believe there has been so much ice there--your poor friends and their car accidents! AHHH!!!
Post a Comment