Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 4: weigh-in

Week 1: -6.6 lbs
Week 2: -2 lbs
Week 3: -4 lbs
Week 4: -1.4 lbs
 
I'm starting to notice a pattern here...anyone else? Hopefully this means this coming week will be a bigger loss week. It seems to have been a rough week for everyone in the challenge.  Dave was the only one who lost more than a pound (he lost 3). Even so, I'm feeling good! Healthier...stronger...not to mention my pants fall off when I walk ;).
 
Now that the nitty-gritty numbers are out there lets move on to food and fitness...
 
I am obsessed with salads lately! Mixed greens, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and any other veggies I may find in the fridge all topped with a little Feta cheese and some protein ranch dressing.  The dressing is simply one cup low fat cottage cheese, a packet of buttermilk ranch mix and then water to make it the right consistency all thrown in the blender. It passed the Dave taste test (he's rather picky) and is only 50 calories for 1/4 of a cup which is more than enough even for my biggest salad beasts.
 
Another favorite recipe that involves cottage cheese and a blender are oat pancakes. Simply toss 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese and 4 egg whites in the blender to make the pancake batter. They are so yummy and are packed with calcium, protein and fiber.  Only 300 calories for the batch (which I divide up with the kiddos).
 
Now I'm off!  I'm taking the bike off the trainer today and hitting the roads. Dave and I (with the kiddos in the bike trailer) are heading to town to hit the post office and grab a light lunch at our favorite mom and pop deli.  No small feat considering we live in the middle of nowhere.

2 comments:

Crystal and Kevin said...

You've lost as much as I've gained since I've been married...you should probably teach me your ways

Mindy said...

Mmm... I've got to try your dressing recipe. I love love love salads and vegetables too... and feta cheese... or bleu cheese. Brandon thinks I'm a little nuts when I'm eating my salads exclaiming how delicious they are with every bite, but I can't help it. They're delicious!

Sounds like we might have to do another shoot with your skinny selves! Holy cow, you guys are dropping weight like CRAZY!