Saturday, May 17, 2008

107.45 Miles

Yup, thats how far Dave biked today. Go ahead, just call him superman! Today was the Salt Lake Century. Dave's first century. The boy did awesome. He finished in just over 7 hrs which is really good for his first time! I'll let you check out his blog for more details including the story on how he got lost.

Me and the girls pretty much spent the day driving to different places and waiting to cheer on Dave. Emma really got into it. Whenever she saw ANY bikers she would cat call and holler out, "GOOOOO DADDY AND NICK." BTW, Nick is Dave's friend from work whom Emma has an enormous crush on. She even made me roll down the windows so she could yell at the bikers as we passed. We received a lot of smiles. Als was content to nibble on grass and animal crackers.

So after going to the bike bonanza last night and the race today I all of the sudden have a strong urge to really get out and bike. I was a bit jealous of the bikers who were heaving and close to puking and so sore they about fell over when they got off of their bikes at the end of the finish line. I so wanted to be them, to have that feeling of accomplishment.

Anyway way to go Dave, as always, you amaze me with your determination and positive attitude. You are simply awesome.

Oh and the picture....don't you hate it when you run in front of someone taking a picture. The woman's face says it all. Hehe. The other two of course are Dave and Nick.

9 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

That's so awesome! Way to go Dave! i'm so glad it went well!

Wilson Family said...

That is so awesome that he did that. What amazing determination

HappyHodges said...

As always Dave amazes us, or makes us think he's even more nutty than before, he he.

HappyHodges said...

uh, Britt, let me point out a few things, one you are gorgeous and always look stunning, and no matter how bad you THINK you look, I am always looking fatter and more hideous and miserable! I love ya Britt, you are the best who else can I discuss peeing in the woods!

Jessica Adamson said...

I am a massage therapist you know...call if you need my services. Congrats Dave! Seven hours is great!

Krystal said...

WOW, that amazes me! I am huffing and puffing just going up and down my stairs right now! So to imagine that...it's unreal! Great job. I hope I can be that determined after this baby. Britt - you make me laugh....maybe I need to be a bit more like you. I would never look at a puking exhausted biker and wish to be him!! The accomplishment would be great, but I think seeing that would scare me and not motivate me! Good for you!

Michele said...

Way to go! With that cheering section how could you not keep going.

Kelli said...

That is amazing! Now I know what you were talking about last night...hehe. I didn't know it was such a stinkin' long way. Wow! I am really impressed. You guys inspire me. I can't wait to get a bike, for ya know, a nice ride around the neighborhood. :)

Kelli said...

p.s. Where's the cute nakey picture of Ali? I loved that she took her clothes off. What a stinker bug!