Monday, May 5, 2008

Bridal Shower

Saturday was Makinley's (Makinley is marrying my little brother Tyler) bridal shower. It started off kind of rough, I must say. First of all I left my house 20 minutes late. Being late stresses me out. Also, I ended up taking Emma and Ali so Dave could go biking. Right as we pulled into the parking lot Emma barfed all over. I went to call Dave or Mindy to see if one of them could come pick up poor little Memma Bear, yeah, my cell phone was dead. I found my grandma in the parking lot and sent her in to grab my mom to help me out. We got Emma cleaned up as best we could and all went in. We got Emma settled and she was surprisingly happy as can be. Next thing I know Crystal is informing me that Ali is poopy. Poopy she was!!! She had a major blowout. Yeah, I forgot a spare outfit. So sweet Crystal went and cleaned up Als for me and then Ali just hung out in her diaper and bow until Brittney found an outfit in her diaper bag that Ashtyn had outgrown. Oh and then instead of putting us in the back where they usually do for parties we were crammed in the main dining area. It ticked me a bit because I made the reservations almost a month in advance. We made the best of it though.
After that things went well. We had the shower at the Greenery restaurant. I love it. I went to a baby shower there a few years ago and fell in love with the place. Its so sunny and quaint, perfect for a girlfriends luncheon. I made some scrapbook pages of Ty and Makinley we passed around and had everyone write congrats and advice on. We gave out some prizes, we ate, and chatted. Makinley opened presents. Then we all dined on an absolutely fabulous chocolate cake that Crystal made. It was a ton fun. Oh and just wanted to thank Jen for all of the ideas, from the cute, cute party favors to every other detail. Oh and of course, thank my mom for helping me put it all together.

We had a great turnout. Shown here is Makinley with her mom, and grandma.

Poor, poor little Ali with her super spacey mom. The spaciness has been worse lately with everything I've had going on. I'm glad I have family that always bails me out.

They had these cute little butterflies outside the restaurant. Emma loved them. She thought she was the prettiest, blue butterfly ever. I had to agree.

So don't get me wrong, I adore Makinley but I'm kind of dreading being related to her. Seriously, with these two as sisters I am going to be know as the old, frumpy, ugly duckling for sure!

Last but not least, whats a bridal shower without lingerie. Hehe, I'm not sure if Makinley is scared or excited.

5 comments:

The Morton Family said...

So happy that the shower ended up so well! Looks like fun, I love the nightie!!! Sexy!
You are so dang skinny, so don't feel that way with your sis in laws. You are a butt head, just think... If you could see yourself through other people's eyes, you wouldn't say things like that!
Hugs!

HappyHodges said...

Ok lets start by saying... I am so sorry I wish I could have been there to take or help with the girls! Second... The party looked like it turned out so great. And third, you crazy girl!!! You are the farthest thing from old, frumpy, or ugly. You are gorgeous! I love you Britt you are so dang sweet and cute!

Emmy Bludorn said...

What a nightmare! I can just feel the stress. However, alls well that ends well, right? Looks like you had a great time after all the chaos.

Anonymous said...

The shower was a blast and Em had a great time I think! I know i did! All my girls are equally beautiful!

Michele said...

Looks great, maybe we'll have to go there, I did promise chucky cheese to Logan since he has never been, hmmm which one, so hard to choose:) and I could smack you for that comment, you have always been gorgeous & thin!