2. Backpacking in Glacier National Park
3. Mountain biking in Moab
4. Wading the narrows in Zion National Park
5. Cross country skiing in Teton National Park
and.....the latest
6. Hiking slot canyons in the San Rafael Swell.
Holy Cow what an AMAZING weekend. Ever since I have been married I have spent Mothers Day weekend camping. This is actually the first year we haven't spent it in Moab. I must be honest...there was a moment as we were getting everything packed up and ready to go where I thought, wouldn't it be nice to sleep in on Mothers Day and wake up to happy kids all dressed and ready for church and a delicious crepe breakfast Dave had made. I'm so glad we went camping instead. We bought a guide book a few weeks ago on the San Rafael Swell (SRS). The pictures were amazing. We decided we had to see the canyons first hand. Well, we only made it to two of the four canyons we had planned. You have to understand the hikes are all on BLM land. Most of the hikes aren't even marked. We used our guide book to help us find our way, we ended up lost in the middle of nowhere several times. The directions were pretty much drive on this unmarked dirt road for so many miles head northwest at a certain big rock, park in a grove of trees and my favorite, head down the steep slope. Yeah, the steep slope was a cliff. Needless to say that wasn't one of the hikes we ended up doing. The other one we didn't do was one similar to the narrows in Zion. You hike up a river bed. The river bed was brimming full, we would have had to swim. Side note, that is why in some pics I am hiking in swimwear, we were planning on doing muddy creek.
Anyway, Wild Horse canyon is now my absolute favorite hike ever. It was amazing! It was so much fun and just stunning.
We were in the area of Goblin Valley so we also spent a morning hanging out there. I loved how it was just a giant play area.
What an amazing weekend with my family....does it get any better than that? I think not.


10 comments:
Well the girls did sleep in this morning, thanks to three crazy days of hiking, camping and digging. We had a nice Mothers day! Love you honey, you are the best Mom ever!!! With two GREAT little girls!
I am so glad you guys had such a great time! Although I am a little bit selfishly sad and disappointed we had to bum out.
I also wanted to let you know the post below made me cry because it filled my heart so full, and the craziest part is this baby isn't even born yet and I already know I love it that much!
You are an amazing Mom Britt, and I am so glad I have you to watch and learn from, I love ya, Happy Mothers Day!
Happy mother's day Brittney!You are amazing doing all those hikes with two kids.The pictures are so beautiful.
DUDE, you totally rock the world, Britt and Dave! I love your blog, I love your adventures and I am obsessed with how cool you guys are. In fact, I was telling a friend this weekend how much I want to be like you two when I have a family. You MUST give me "How to Be a Cool and Adventurous Parent with Young Children Lessons" when I get married---k? Also, I love SRS. You're right...there are no trails...no nothing really. When I went we literally got out of the car and just started walking...in the middle of nowhere! Two days later we made it back to the car and it became literally one of the funnest trips of my entire life! Of course, I didn't have two children.
ok are you freakin kidding me.. how did we not run into eachother.... We were hiking around slot canyon on saturday and we were camping up wild horse .. what the crap!!! crazy crazy
You guys are amazing as usual! I can't wait to see all your adventures in your scrapbook!
Sounds like a great adventure!!! Your life always seems too..and to answer your question about the poem, yes, I did write it, and thank you. Cant wait to read more, as always...
lets do lunch...soon!
Jessica
jesrice@gmail.com
Hey!
Looks like fun, and exhausting too!
Glad you had a nice weekend!
You guys rock. That sounds like such a blast! Poor little Grey needs to get out and see the world. Invite us on another one of your adventures and we'll come, I promise!
You're such a fun little family!
p.s. I've started paying attention to your recipes to the right. Where do you get parmigiano reggiano? I can never find it at the grocery store.
Post a Comment