




The original plan for this weekend was to head up to Strawberry like last year. Catch some crawdads, get in a good bike ride and just have a good ol time camping with Adam and Mindy and Brock and Kelli. I think Dave and I are getting soft. This is the first camping trip either of us could recall where we canceled for a bad weather forecast. It was supposed to be very cold and wet. We stayed home. We decided instead to go on a long bike ride with the girls and then go up Farmington canyon for dinner. The bike ride never happened because poor Dave was BEAT after a crazy busy 24 hr. shift with the ambulance. We did end up going up Farmington Canyon though and it was a blast. We went with Adam and Mindy and some of our good neighbors/friends, Jeremy and Valery. We had smores for appetizers, tin-foil dinners and then campin cobbler for dessert. It was such a perfect evening. Emma had a blast running around picking grass, running from imaginary bears and just bein' a kid. The rest of us chilled by the fire and talked. Did you know gun powder is edible. Well, according to Jeremy Brown it is. I'm not sure if I'm ready to try it. I learned a lot about gun powder actually. Did you know if thrown into a fire it doesn't explode? I was sure it did but Jeremy insisted it didn't. To prove his point he dug a bullet out of his pocket, opened it up and tossed the powder into the fire. I screamed like crazy. No explosion though. Seriously, it was a lovely time with my sweet family and good friends.
So just a quick side note while we are on the subject of campfires....Dave makes the absolute BEST smores ever! Now, I know what you are thinking, a smores a smore. There is where you are wrong. Dave softens the chocolate by warming the stick first, then somehow places the chocolate inside the marshmallow. He then roasts the mallow a perfect golden brown color and slides them both onto a graham cracker. It is heavenly. The marshmallow and chocolate are all ooey gooey and melted together. Mmmmm. I had a good half a dozen. Dave, the sweet boy, never complained, he just kept making me more.

11 comments:
It sounds like you had a great time! I cant believe you whimped out though! We went camping...it was raining and sometimes cold but it worked out. I have to admit, we did come home one day sooner than planned, so, I guess we are getting weak too! Anyway, I think your smores sound heavenly!! Adam burned two of mine! and the other...it was still cold and squishy, not melted and messy. He sure is a good sport though and I enjoyed it anyway, chocolate makes anything good!!
That is too funny b/c that is how Scott does his smores! He shoves the chocolate into the mallow too and it's all soft and melted by the time it's done! We are trying to invent how we can get them pre-made and packaged! We would be millionaires! We just need to sell the idea to jiffy first!
hon I think we need to get the canoe out maybe this week and get a bike ride in. Sure was a fun weekend. sorry I was soooo tired on sat.
Glad the weekend turned out ok, but we will do Strawberry soon enough! One last thing, Thank you my dear friend for putting this oh so attractive and not at all embarrassing picture of me on our blog! Love ya!
By the way Jess & B, Rebecca is beautiful!
Fun,fun.I love the picture of Ali on the blanket.Is adorable!
We're getting soft, too. For our ward campout, we just went up for the evening even though the kids were begging to stay overnight. I just wasn't up to getting everything out, setting everything up and putting everything back again when we got home. All for one night. At least you did something fun! We didn't do anything for Memorial Day.
Well...we did have rain, but it was off and on enough that we still enjoyed it. We went up 8 mile canyon in Idaho. It is near my hometown. That way we were able to visit my grandpas grave as well. Camping or not, being outdoors is great and I am sure that your time was wonderful as well.
Sounds like another wonderful adventure. One of these days I'll have to come and take smore making lessons!!
Sounds like such a fun time! I wish we could have made it! I guess next time.
The baby girl is gorgeous. Congratulations Jess and B!
I too love the pic of Ali, thats one to enlarge & frame!
Post a Comment