Friday, May 2, 2008

Graduation!!!


He did it!!!! Thursday night Dave graduated from the Universtiy of Utah! He got his bachelors degree in Health Education and Promotions with an emphasis in Emergency Medicine. It was interesting for me as I sat there juggling two crazy little kids. I was thinking about how this was not at all how me and Dave planned things. As newlyweds we planned on school, house and then kids. We pretty much did it backwards for many, many reasons and twist and turns in life that I won't go into. I think that is one reason I am so stinkin proud of the boy. It has been a long, hard road to get to this point. Dave has been amazing though. He has worked 2-3 jobs and gone to school full time for years. He has stayed up for days on end, studied on lunch breaks and still made time for his family in between. He has COMPLETELY supported our family on his own since we had our little Emma. Not once has he complained about it. So to Dave, the rest of you can stop reading it might get a little mushy here, I love you so much, you are amazing. And to our family and friends who have helped us along the way....thanks!

Here we are.....The Millers.

Dave with his Grandpa and Grandma Miller....Emma was so proud of her Daddy she insisted on being in every picture.

Dave with his Dad and Paula

I just love that boy.

I would consider these Dave's three greatest accomplishments.

Tonight we held a big ol fashioned BBQ to celebrate. It was a blast. It was so fun! Family, friends and dear neighbors all showed up. I love being surrounded by so many people we just love and that have touched our lives. It was simply perfect.

Look at Ali going at that bun....hehe. Ah kills me. The girl has discovered she LOVES food.
Anyway thank you all for bearing through an extremely cheesy blog. The cheesiness just seeps from me when I'm happy. I can't control it.

10 comments:

Michele said...

Wish we could be at those special days, at least with the blog I can see how wonderful it turned out!

Tania Farr said...

Congratulations David and Family.We are so Excited for you guys.The pictures are amazing.I love to look at your blog.

HappyHodges said...

Once Again, we are so proud of you guys! Last night was great, you know how to through a great party!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Congratulations to the both of you! That is so exciting! Scott graduated last night too and it is such a relief! Hope you had a good celebration!! Wooohooo!

Krystal said...

Wow! Congrats Dave! I am thrilled for you guys. It's finally time to move on with life - isn't that a great feeling? It's a big sacrifice that will pay off. I wish you the best in all that is to come. Your pics are so fun! It's a well deserved celebration.

Amber Lynn said...

Way to go dave!!! That is awesome!! I love the picture of the three accomplishments, but its missing the fourth, You britt..lol Congrats dave!!

Kati said...

That looks like a totally fun, boomin' bbq! you are just missing 4 things- US!!! hehe! I am glad it was wonderful dispite lol! We are really proud of you Dave! You are amazing, and a little crazy :) Also... What was it- oh- Through all your schooling and working and living- I have totally had to learn through all of this to never never compair anyone (especially Brad) to Dave. No one can compare! Great job Grad!

Kelli said...

Yay! Congratulations Dave! And Brittney! What an accomplishment for both of you. I can't imagine having two kids and trying to go to school or getting Brock through school!! You guys amaze me!
I love the cute pictures and the part where you said, "Dave's two greatest accomplishments." That made me smile. Very profound indeed. You're such an adorable family.
The BBQ was so fun. Thank you so much for inviting us. We love you guys to death.
Really quick though, who is that really dorky girl in the huge, white sunglasses?! I had no idea you were taking pictures!! :)
I love the picture of Ali eating the bun. she's so funny!

Heather Rose said...

congrats to dave and well the whole family!! bryan has been meaning to call he'll get there just give him some time. austin just discovered he can play with dad now school is out and well he doesn't let bryan out oh his sight for very long. but congrats from all of us! what a great accomplishment!!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Congratulations to all of you. That is a huge accomplishment. I don't blame you for being very proud of the boy - he deserves it.