Friday, November 14, 2008

A Cake Date

My good friend, Jamie, and I came up with a grand idea...cake dates. Pretty much you just combine a good ol' fashion playdate and some cake making and you get....A CAKE DATE!!! For this weeks project we made cake pops. Have a looksie.....well first, I feel I must warn you, we are by no means professionals, so expect to see a lot of gooberies and rough spots.

aren't they glorious?! They are so stinkin' simple. You bake a cake of your choosing (we chose sweet delectable chocolate) and let it cool. Once it is cool you crumble it to pieces, preferably in a bowl :). Once it is sufficiently crumbled you add in a container of frosting, once again of your choosing (we used buttercream). I used two forks to fluff the frosting in. Once the frosting and cake are combined you roll it into little balls and place them on wax paper. Freeze the cake balls for about an hour and then place them on a sucker stick and dip in melted chocolate. That's it! And now, for the question I know you are all asking....do they taste good?

Well lets ask......


They loved them!!!! The important part though is we all had oodles of fun!

We were having so much fun, I even got Jamie,who has an extreme aversion to the camera (crazy I know), to pose for a pic. Isn't she lovely :)

Hunter and Emma are busy planning our next creation. I'll give you a hint, it will be a sssslippery, sssslithery work of art!

6 comments:

Jess Young said...

Looks like tasty fun!

HappyHodges said...

Yummy! My mouth is watering! Loos like you guys all had a blast!

Krystal said...

Looks and sounds SOOOO YUMMY! That is my huge weakness - not candy, not chips....baked goodies! I will have to try...thanks! Looks really fun :)

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Okay so, some more of those definitely need to be made and sent in with Mr. Dave Miller to work here in the E.R.!!! Those look absolutely delicious and are so dang cute! They are totally something I would never take the time to do by myself for no reason so you need to make some more of those little missy and have ANOTHER "cake date".

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

You are SO AWESOME!!! THANK YOU!! I can't wait to eat this after my soup tonight! Mmmm so good!

Kelli Stephens said...

Those look yummy. And I am very impressed that you got Jamie to pose for a picture. As long as I've known her, I only have a handful of pictures to prove it.