Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Major Withdrawals and Giving Thanks

This cold, wet weather is killing me, absolutely killing me. I am going through major biking withdrawals. I'm afraid this is just the beginning of a long season with cabin fever, sigh. Hopefully I will be able to still get a few more good rides in.

On another note, Monday, for family night, we made "Thanks"giving turkeys. Dave and I struggled a bit to fill up our turkeys with things we are thankful for, but not Emma. Emma not only filled up her first turkey but made me trace her hand three more times and in total filled up four turkeys. Her list made me smile. So let me share,
  • my bike (can't tell who her parents are huh? :))
  • trees
  • my insides
  • listening to Allers (her nickname for Ali)
  • breakfast time
  • our home
  • BIG trees
  • mommy
  • hugs (which is funny because only a few days ago she informed me she didn't like these)
  • church
  • my dad
  • books
  • trees (yes, mentioned for the third time)
  • my music rocks
  • the park
  • my bed
  • my messy house in daddy's shop
  • grandpa and grandma
  • inside daddy's truck
  • Chindrows (her nickname for Howie)

Both Dave and I only hit the main things we are thankful for such as, family, our good health, Dave's job, the great outdoors, etc. While these things are very important and of course first on our list of things we are thankful for, Emma really inspired me to look beyond these and see the simple things in life we are also blessed with.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I totally feel your pain! I've had to settle for a stationary bike and it makes me so sad. Sigh...

I want you to know that even though I haven't posted FOREVER, I read your blog every time you update...and I LOVE it!

Also, I never told you that I tried out two of the pumpkin recipes you gave! I made the Penne Pumpkin Pasta (which was so cool), and the Pumpkin Roll (which was a favorite at the ward party). So thank you for inspiring me!

I sure do love you!

--Em

Jess Young said...

Reminds me of the quote: Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

Kids are so good at that!

HappyHodges said...

Oh my little Emma. Isn't it amazing how alot of times it takes a little one to remind of us of "the little things" that are important!

Emmy Bludorn said...

What a happy kid she is. That's something to be thankful for - that she has been blessed to be in a home where she can thrive as well as she has. A lot of kids don't have that.

Emmy Bludorn said...

And, I'm excited to try the fry bread recipe!

Krystal said...

Kids really do remind us of the simple, everyday things that we should appreciate huh!? Well, she is so adorable. I love the idea for FHE - hope you don't mind that I steal it ;)

Good luck with your withdrawls! You'll have to pick up a winter fitness hobby.....high knee running in snow drifts!!! hehe jk