Oh Halloween! We had so much fun! The highlight of my night were these two adorable lil skunks.
I bet you thought they were going as Princesses huh? Why skunks? Emma really, REALLY wanted to be a skunk this year. She had this glorious vision of knocking on doors and saying "Trick-or-treat" and then getting a loud "PEEEEUUUU" in return. Good ol' Grandma, looked high and low to get the girls some skunk costumes. They were so funny in them. Emma, much to my embarrassment, would go around pointing her bum at people and pretend to spray them. Ali, sweet wobbly Ali, kept falling down and getting stuck on her back. Her super padded tummy and bum made it hard to navigate. She tried her hardest though. Alright, now for a Miller's Halloween tour.....
We started by making our boo cookies (nutter butters dipped in white chocolate with chocolate chips for the eyes) for our special trick-or-treaters, AKA, Dave's primary kids and some our beloved neighbor kids. Emma let me do the dippin', it was much to dirty of work for her to bother with. She had a blast putting the eyes (and some noses) on the ghosts though. She was very meticulous about the placement of the ghost's facial features.Next came Pumpkin Carving. The girls went about the activity in completely opposite ways. Emma, who doesn't like to get her hands dirty, steered clear of all the goop and went about decorating her pumpkin with her prized sparkly markers. Ali, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of the pumpkin goo. She LOVED it and by the time we were done was covered in it. She even tried a few bites.
Doesn't this picture just scream carving fun?! Hehe, little nuts.

Here is the finished product. I was quite impressed :).
After pumpkin carving we participated in a Halloween first....trunk-or-treating. Our ward put it on in the church parking lot and I LOVED it. It was so much fun to see all the wee little ones decked out in their Halloween garb. There were a ton of people there and it was nice because we knew them all, thus, we didn't have to worry about screening the candy. We were supposed to decorate our trunks, the best Dave and I could do was throw our freshly carved pumpkins in the back of his truck with a pile of leaves. Sad, I know. Some people went all out, I was really impressed. Oh, my favorite part, was the pick-up truck giving out homemade rootbeer to the trunk-or-treaters. Although they ran out before I got there I was very impressed :)
After trunk-or-treating I took my poor, pooped out, sugared out, Ali skunk home while Dave took Emma trick-or-treating to a few houses. I was watching out the window as Dave and Emma were headed home. Emma was walking very slowly and dragging her bucket behind her. Poor kid, she let me know as soon as she entered the house though that she wasn't ready for Halloween to end. She kept telling me that over and over as I got her ready and put her to bed. All I could do was promise her Halloween would come again next year.
And because I just can't get enough of my adorable lil' stinkers, here are a few more pictures....
First Emma,
and then my little Ali.
Seriously, could they be any cuter?!
This last picture is my favorite from the whole night. Doesn't it just scream road kill?! Anyway, hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween full of candy and fun!




8 comments:
Sooooooooooo cute.I love their costumes.I love the set up of the photos.I am still learning how to use it.
seriously....sooo cute. Even cuter than the little princesses I saw on Wed. night. If, of course its possible, for your kids to get even cuter. They looked great!
Seriously stinkin' cute. How adorable! B loves Ali's eyes. He almost wanted to cry when he say the last picture till we read about the road kill.
That last comment was actually by Jess, I forgot to log out of B's account, but he's right here, too.
So cute! I am so glad you guys had such a fun filled day! We wish we could have joined ya, but we wil count on it next year!
Oh I just LOVE your little stinkers!! What a cute idea. The pumpkins were cute too - love the difference in your little ones! Oh, and the road kill was a nice touch! hehe. Glad you guys enjoyed your halloween.
Soooo cute!!! Oh I can't wait to have little kids and dress them up for Halloween! You guys are the cutest family.
You are so funny! That last comment about the "road kill" cracked me up.
Their costumes are so cute! I wish so bad that Ali and Grey could have gone trick-or-treating with each other! Skunks and bats go so well together. I also love the picture of all of you pumpking carving and Ali laughing on the counter. So CUTE!
I miss you guys so much!
And oh how I miss your boo treats!
I missed seeing your girls at the door this Halloween!
Post a Comment