Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Killer

I've finally had that coveted experience of every biker where you get to the point you are hanging over your handlebars panting and trying your darndest to keep the contents in your stomach, in your stomach and begging your legs to take you just a little bit further. To prepare for Lotoja I decided it would be good to add some more climbs to our biking routine. So, Dave (with the girls in tow) and I set off from our house to tackle Farmington canyon. Obviously we couldn't do the whole thing as it turns into a dirt road but you would be surprised by how much climbing you can do before the road becomes scary for the road bike. More then I was able to do anyway. It wasn't a super long climb but it was STEEP, freakin' steep, man. Poor Dave. I was struggling and I wasn't even pulling a 65+ lb. trailer.

I don't think I've EVER seen him that beat, well with the exception of Tour de Park City. Did I mention we still had a blast? It was fun egging each other on and laughing about how utterly EXHAUSTED we were. We stopped at Farmington pond on the way back and just chilled as we watched the girls feed the ducks and pick wildflowers.

We may have eaten the bread we brought for the ducks, good thing it wasn't moldy yet ;). Dave and I decided we would start using Farmington canyon to see how much we are improving (or not). So, we'll be hitting it again this summer, and again, and again...you're welcome to join us :)

2 comments:

HappyHodges said...

So much fun and a little sickning! The fact that you are exhausted after such a HARD work out and I feel like that ever day ion my walks!

Jess Young said...

I just love spring and that people are out having fun. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Good luck on Saturday!