Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

This was the very first Mother's day since I met Dave, that I haven't been camping. We did our Spring Moab trip a few weeks early this year. I have to say, as much as I LOVE camping I did enjoy spending Mother's day at home this year. Dave and the wee ones made me a big ol' waffle breakfast before church. It was fantastic. After church we headed up the canyon with my fam. for a fabulous dutch oven dinner.

We had steak, chicken, potatoes, baked beans, salads and of course cobbler. It was a feast! My Dad is quite the outdoor chef!

The best part about it was how many people showed up, it turned into quite the gathering. My grandma, cousins, parents, siblings...it was awesome. There was visiting...games...

more visiting...playing...

and of course...

a lot of eating.

Now, for some quick shoutouts

First of all, to my wonderful mother who is ALWAYS surrounded by grandkids (thus Emma's head in the pic). I love you mom, thanks for always being so fun, loving and understanding.

Second, a shoutout to my sweet Grandma who is one of the most caring, selfless people I know. I strive to be like you.

And last but certainly not least, to Dave and my monkeys..
for making me into the mother that I am.

Quickly, before I go, I have to share one last story. Saturday night Dave got home from work and insisted, yes INSISTED I open my mother's day present early. He was giddy with excitement. It was adorable. I have no qualms about opening gifts early and went ahead and opened my present. By opened, I mean shut my eyes while Dave laid it out, he was much to excited to waste time on wrapping it. There, before my eyes, was the most beautiful biking outfit ever! Now that it's warming up I've been wearing Dave's old biking shorts and jerseys he had from highschool. I was giddy to have something so new and girly. We went for a ride that very night so I could break it in.

Thanks babe, ya did good!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

yay, i'm so glad you got to have your mother's day breakfast in bed this year. you deserve it. and that biking outfit is super sexy and sassy.

Rachel Holloway said...

WOO HOO! I am SOOO late on this, I know...but I had to tell you how CUTE that little outfit is! GREAT JOB DAVE! aND HAPPY mother's day!