Thursday, May 28, 2009

Playdates

It's interesting for me as a parent to watch how my wee ones interact with other kids. This week Emma had two fun, but rather different playdates.

Meet Landon


Landon is a sweet little boy from the neighborhood. Emma and Landon are the bestest of friends.

Every Sunday Landon finds Emma in Sacrament meeting, takes hold of her hand and they walk off to find their class together. Emma and Landon play really well together.

They are friendly, polite and laugh a lot when they are with each other.


(Check out L ready to block the shot)


Meet Thomas


Thomas and Emma have known each other since they were babies. Thomas' mom and I worked together while we were pregnant with the two of them. Emma and Thomas go way back. Emma and Thomas do not play well together. They argue. They get up in each other's faces and shout. They cry (atleast Emma does). Today they started out coloring together

but quickly had to be banned to opposite sides of the board because of all the arguing.

But ya know what? Emma LOVES Thomas and declared over a Popsicle, "When I grow up I'm going to marry Thomas". When we left she was counting down the hours until we could see Thomas again.

Just goes to show, Emma is her own little person after all and every relationship she has is unique.

BTW-if you are wondering where Ali was during the playdates, she was there. She was just always off doing her own thing.

She's still in the solitary play stage.


And apparently the clothing-optional-while-playing stage.

4 comments:

Tania Farr said...

I love it! I was laughing the whole time while reading about my boy and Emma playdate. I never saw Thomas arguing with another kid so much. They both reminded me of dating couples when they get upset with each other. It was really funny to watch their attitude towards each other. Thomas enjoyed playing with Emma. We need to get together again. It was sure fun to see you guys:0) By the way love the new page maybe next time you can teach me how you can do it. I know you told me already but for some reason didn't work.

JoAnna Williams said...

I love it! It is so fun to hear what little kids conversations consist of when they play together

HappyHodges said...

So fun! I can just imagine these situations with Emmas personality! And Ali, I adore the last pic is my fav.

Krystal said...

HA HA HA! I LOVE IT!! Ali is such a cutie! and Emma and her little buddies are too cute ;)