Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bringin in the New Year


I have to say....what a great new years eve!! We had some friends over for some fun. Emma had so much fun helping me set up. She picked out the party hats can ya tell. I knew my girls wouldn't last long so we celebrated with them early. Dave played candy land with Emma and Mindy gave her lots of treats. They were both out by 8:00. That is staying up late for them.. As people would arrive Emma would run and get them a party hat.

Shown in the pics is of course me and Dave, Adam and mindy and some good friends of ours from the ward, Trevor and Crystal with Tawnya their little 6 month old. We had so much stinkin fun. We had a feast of pizza and finger foods. We played games....apples to apples, poker and the newly wed game (where we probably learned a little too much about each other hehe).


Some pics of our poker fun! Adam and Mindy bought a toot load of candy for us to use. We played blackjack, Texas hold em (which I never quite understood) and my favorite polish poker hehe. I took pics of me and mindy when we won. I only won once. I kept runnin out of candy but Adam would always share more from his winnings with me. Man so once everyone tricked me in polish poker and I folded to mindy, I had an ace and she only had a 3. So ticked.


Bringin in the new year with sparkling juice and kisses and whistles and horns (I can't believe my babies didn't wake up).


Heres to a great new year!!! Imagine all the possibilities.

7 comments:

Dave said...

last night was a lot of fun thanks for all you did to make it happen!

HappyHodges said...

Such a fun night! Thank you so much for everything you guys are the best! Lets do it again next year or should I say this year? Oh man what a riot!

HappyHodges said...

Shopping is my thing, as long as I am not at work you name what and when and I can help you find the best and cheapest place, its kinda "my thing"! he he ( I only work until noon on fri, so let me know!)

Jess Young said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love the pics of Ali scooting on her head.

Kati said...

Are you sure that was sparkling juice you were drinking?? I haven't seen Dave smile that big for a long long time! Cute picture of the two of you with your cups! Looks like it was fun!

Michele said...

Happy New Year, looks like you all had a good time!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Fun party. Ours was not quite so lively. Pregnant woman + tired husband don't make a very fun time. We still enjoyed ourselves, though! We will aspire to have your energy this next New Year!