Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Week In Review

I really make it a goal to update at least once a week. I've kind of slacked this week so I will give you a list of highlights from our week. I love lists hehe
  • I lost my purse and then found it again two days later at Old Navy. I tell ya sometimes my spaciness frustrates me. I didn't even notice it was missing for a whole day. Thank heavens for honest people!

  • Emma set up camp in our living room. Dave was laying on the floor one morning when he got off work. Emma ran and grabbed blankets and pillows for all. We all had to lay down and pretend we were camping in Moab with her. She yelled at me when I got up to take some pictures. Apparently Emma misses snuggling together tightly (we've outgrown our tent) as a family in the wild outdoors.

  • We enjoyed some great time with some good friends this week. We were able to have dinner with some of our favorite neighbors. Also, we were able to hang out and catch up with Dave's closest friends from high school. Spencer got married on Sat. We all went to the wedding part and then had some time to kill before the reception. We went to peach city with Bryan and Heather and Adam and Mindy. We were able to eat hamburgers, fries and milkshakes, celebrate Mindy's birthday, and chat it up. It was so much fun! At the reception Emma found her boyfriend (Kurtis, Spencer's little boy). She spent time chasing him around trying to hug and kiss him. It was fun to watch her, Austin (Bryan and Heather's little boy) and Kurtis running around and laughing together. They were so cute and only a little mischievous. Now, Dave's camera broke so we don't have any pics but Mindy promised to e-mail me some so you will have to keep checking. I'll put them on as soon as I get some. Or you could just check out Adam and Mindy's blog. OK so I am going to upload one pic. Its kind of fuzzy because it was taken right after Dave's camera broke but before it went out completely. Its Dave with all of his buddies and of course Karen the pretty bride and little Emma in her princess dress and daddy tie (as she calls them) who couldn't be left out.


  • Ali had a blowout right before relief society started today. The kicker is the same thing happened last week but I never replaced her outfit. Once again my spaciness frustrates me, I should really work on it. I had to carry her into RS wearing nothing but a diaper and a big bow on her head. She was happy as a clown. She was smiling, flapping her arms wildly and cooing loudly, drawing attention to us. Everyone chuckled. Luckily our ward is filled with babies. Someone took pity on me or perhaps I should say took pity on Ali and lent me an outfit.

  • Dave finished the last drawer on my log dresser. All he has left to do now is put on a few coats of lacquer. I decided to wait to post a picture of it until it is completely finished but I promise, you are going to love it! Oh which reminds me when we got home from church today Dave was telling me about the cute sharing time they had today. He sighed and said, "I wish I was creative." I just had to look at him in open mouthed amazement. He is one of the most creative people I know. Check out his workshop link sometime to see some of his projects. He didn't use a pattern on any of them. Oh which reminds me we got a project board for the door of Dave's shop. Its somewhere I can write down all of his orders so he can keep them straight. So if ya need anything I'll write ya in!
Here are the pics from Mindy. If these arn't enough there are tons more on her page :)




Ok, this will give you a chuckle. The first picture is of the boys 5 years ago at mine and Dave's wedding (sorry its a bad pic, I can't figure out the scanner). I wonder, who do you think has changed the most?

10 comments:

HappyHodges said...

What a fun week. But lets get it out into the open! It was me, the awful, dummy Mindy who broke Dave brand new camera! Go find out what needs to be done or if we just need to get a new one right now, and then call us and we will do whatever needs to be done! I really am so sorry. What email should I mail the pics? Let meknow ASAP and I will send them!

HappyHodges said...

Oh by the way it was the Melting Pot that the tragedy happened! Sick, thanks for the reminder!

Kati said...

Dave is way creative, that is funny he thinks he isn't. Maybe when it comes to Sharing time. I too have Sharing time Blanks. That is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to to at church. 20*16 is the dementions of the frame I would love to had made. Brad just measured it as I was typing. Blow outs always happen at the worst time... Have you always been spacy? I don't remeember you ever being spacy. Mine hit hard when I was prego with Paul along with not being able to concentrate, and I have not recovered at all.

HappyHodges said...

Oh maybe either I can or after Adam gets off of work tomorrow we can cruse up. Tell dave Im sorry about his headache, because I know I caused it, first I break his camera, then emma loves me so much I make her cry! he he. I posted a few pics of last night but I have a few more I will send.

Dave and Britt said...

kati-yeah ive always been spacy, never this bad though. I like to think its because I now have twice as much to look after. Hehe you like how i blame everything on my kids!

Mindy-really don't worry about the camera! We are sending it off today. They will let us know in a couple of weeks if the waranty covers the damage. Really, don't sweat it, your friendship means more to us then a silly ol camera!

Anonymous said...

oh gosh!! that is why i hate pics i look like a pale whale!!! oh man*#!
it was nice to see you guys to i hope we can find some time to get together cause bryan really enjoys getting together with his friends. you guys are so much fun!! maybe dave will teach bryan how to finish his projects that would be nice:)jk
little emma is just the cutest little thing i hope my little girl walks around with daddy's tie on to shes just tooo cute!!

HappyHodges said...

He He, I love the now and then picture of the guys, it cracks me up!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Love Emma's tie.

Jess Young said...

I would say Bryan has changed the least.

Michele said...

Hmmmmm......what would I want Dave to build?????