Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Cooking Mishap

Oh dear! Poor little Emma, she was being my little helper in the kitchen. We were making one of our favorite family treats, Amish cinnamon bread. Em was in charge of stirring and counting the amount of each ingredient we put in. Well, she ended up stumbling on her stool and pulling the bowl right down on top of her. I stood there in shock for a moment as I watched an Egg slide down her forehead and wondered where do I begin cleaning up? Then of course there was giggling from me and Dave, Howie trying to eat the mess and Ali babbling as I tossed her on the counter to grab a broom and a sponge. Dave grabbed Em and threw her in the tub, then, all was well and we now have some great pictures and a great story for Em's scrapbook! Poor Emma. Luckily I had already pulled starts out for more bread so in ten days we will be trying again. Hehe.

10 comments:

Dave said...

soo funny, but you forgot the best part!!!

Jess Young said...

Wow, poor Em, but how would you not giggle. Em is so delightful around animals- it would have been fun to be with her at Hardware and Ali is adorable.

Tania Farr said...

Poor Emma.I would cry to if i had flour and eggs all over me.But at the same time it looks kind funny.

Kati said...

LOL! That is so funny! That picture says so much! Good teamwork for the clean-up!

Michele said...

Oh my, that is one upset little girl, poor thing. How do you always have that camera ready?

HappyHodges said...

I love this picture! My poor girl! he he

Dave said...

honey a nurse brought to my attention that we don't have very many pictures of Ali on the side our your blog I think ther is only one. any way I love you it's 4:30 in the morning I get off work in 2.5 hours YEAH love u.

Emmy Bludorn said...

She looks so mad! What a shock she had!

Anonymous said...

oh goodness poor girl.
we are such slackers with this whole blog thing yours is so fun! what a fun little family you guys are:P)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that mess on her forehead kind of remind you of the homemade facials we used to do? Hehe poor emma