Sunday, January 6, 2008

My Night Out

Well it has come and gone. My annual date of the year! The hospital puts on a smokin party for its employees every year called Frost Fest. They have amazing food galore, chocolate fountains, gambling (no money involved), huge raffle prizes, entertainment put on by people in sparkly outfits who sing and dance, and for those who drink, plenty of bars set up around the room. They do offer free soft drinks at these bars though so I didn't feel to left out hehe. Dave always works as medical support at the party. Which is awesome because he gets in free and gets to party. He just has to carry a walkie talkie around with him in case he is needed and he isn't allowed to drink (dangit, hehe). The only bummer about him working it was we had to drive separate. He had to be there by 5:30 and I had to get Ali in bed before I could take off. Also, I wanted an extra car in case I had to race home. You see, I left my baby at home but she doesn't take a bottle. She refuses! Luckily she pretty much sleeps through the night. I figured if I got her in bed she would be out until well after I got home. It worked!! I had been giddy for over a week for my date. Mindy came up on Friday to help me pick out a fun, cute new outfit. She then came over early to help me get ready. She did my hair and makeup. It was so much fun. Adam and mindy are the absolute best. They showed up at my door with things to make me pretty and fun craft projects for Emma. They are just such great friends. I can't say it enough. My girls adore them. The night was so much fun. I loved hanging out with Dave. We laughed and held hands and just goofed off. It was fun to just be us and not have anything to worry about. It was the best. We hung out with some of Dave's co-workers. There was one horribly awkward moment when we were all at a table and someone told a dirty what not and I turned bright red and choked a little and everyone made fun of me. I don't think I would survive in the working world anymore. I love my sheltered home.


Here we are, Ryan, Shay, Shane, Andrea, Kori, me and my handsome man...playing blackjack. I was terrible. No surprise there!

Me and Shay were showing off our winnings. They closed the tables at 11 and we cashed in our chips for raffle tickets. 100 pts. equals 1 ticket so we did pretty well. Alright, we had a dishonest dealer who helped us out!


Mmmmmmm chocolate fountain.


Ryan won!!!! There are a dozen different packages you could put your tickets into. There were trips and spa getaways, Ipods, shopping sprees, Nintendos, TVs, Elliptical machine and weight benches, etc. etc. Ryan won.....over 300 dollars worth of scrapbooking supplies!! We laughed so hard as he walked up to claim his prize. Me and the girls had a fun time admiring it all.

and finally because you haven't already wasted enough time reading about my dating life here are some differences between dating now and in highschool. In highschool my date would pick me up and take me home. In highschool I wasn't calling home to check on my kids every 5 minutes and wondering if my baby was awake because my milk had just come in hehe. I never had to worry, "can we afford this?" In highschool I had to end the date with a kiss and say goodnight at the door. The biggest difference, in highschool there were many awkward dates with very weird boys. This date I was able to spend with my sweet boy, my best friend. It was great. Thanks Dave for such an amazing night. Oh yes and Adam and Mindy. Toting around two very tired kids would have ruined it all.

9 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

Oh, we missed FrostFest. I see you found the right Blackjack table yet again. That was always fun.
They always have such good food there!

HappyHodges said...

You are so gorgeous! I am so happy you had a BLAST! You know we would jump at the any chance to hang with your girls!

Dave said...

we had sooo much fun! married dating is way more fun than not married dating. we should go out more often. any way you love cooking checkout http://www.thepioneerwomancooks.com/ complements of fat cyclist.

Tania Farr said...

BRITTNEY YOU LOOK AMAZING.LOVE THE CURLY HAIR.BEAUTIFUL!

Michele said...

You do look amazing, and I am so glad that you had a real date, no little ones. Every marraige needs that now & then.

Amber Lynn said...

looks like it was so much fun! love the hair!!! hope you two had a great holiday season!! loves

Jess Young said...

What a fun night. B and I went out to dinner on New Year's Eve while his mom watched Josh. It was so fun. And I didn't know all six of those things. However, I do disagree with the statement about being a chunk because you have never been a chunk (exclusion is right after having a baby, but that goes for every woman and you always make that disappear).

HappyHodges said...

I have to agree with Jess, yo crazy Twig!

Anonymous said...

So that was a fun blog to read! You looked so cute! You are so pritty and Mindy did a great job dollin' ya up! Love the comparison of now and then dating! lol