Friday, February 8, 2008

Bad Day

Poor Dave. Last night he was working for the ambulance. He got a call about 1:00 in the morning from the shift supervisors telling him
his truck had been broken into. Some of the ambulance stations are in some pretty scary neighborhoods so they have the EMTs leave their cars at ops, in a locked yard. Dave and his partner headed down to ops to see the damage. They broke a window and TRASHED his truck. They of course stole everything inside, the stereo, his tools, ski boots, etc. I'm so mad. I just don't understand how people can do that ya know. Whatever happened to actually working and making an honest living. Good grief! The sad part is that Dave's stereo went out about a year ago but we never had the money to replace it. Finally, about two weeks ago, we were able to get him a new one. Grrrrrr!

7 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

I cannot believe that! How horrible. Do they have cameras in the yard? Were any other cars broken into? I'm sure that ruined his night, and his day. And yours. I'm so sorry.

Michele said...

Oh guys, that is awful! It seems like when it rains it pours. Keep your chin up! The song, cause you had a bad day, is in my head right now. I'm so sorry!

HappyHodges said...

Man, we are so sorry! They really did a number on it. Thanks for playin tonight, it really cheered me up and hope it did the same for you all.

Kati said...

Oh My HECK! This really upsets me! Who the crap do they think they are! My dad told me a little more about it and it just totally ticks me off. Especially knowing that his has happened to Dave a number of times... I agree... GRRRRR!!!!!

Dave and Britt said...

Emmy-the yard didn't have any cameras. Although the shift supervisors were just returning from a call and pulled into the lot and saw the guy. The guy freaked out, jumped in his car and took off. The SS (shift supervisors) tried cutting him off but he got past. They then proceeded to chase the guy down in the ambulance going lights and sirens. They also had the cops on the radio but the cops were 20 minutes away. They stayed on him until the guy went into a REALLY scary neighborhood. They decided being shot at probably wasn't worth it so they gave up. The guy only had temp. tags so they couldn't even get his plate number. Dave's was the only one broken into. It seemed to be the first one they got to.

Tania Farr said...

Sorry about David's car.Is just sad that someone would have the guts to brake into someone car and steal things.Sorry again!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Oh man! That is the worst! That happened to me just a few months ago and it is awful. I had so many things in my hands that I just left my purse in my car thinking it was safe. Next morning I went out to go to class and my window was shattered and my heart sank, I knew that my purse was gone. There is seriously nothing worse. I am so sorry that happened. The world is getting scarier and scarier. Too bad. Oh and P.S. I am going to try to make that banana bread you posted. I am such a bad cook, but I think I could maybe handle that one! I'll let ya know how it goes!