Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why I Love Holidays








I know I have said it a dozen times but I LOVE HOLIDAYS. Luckily I married a man who loves them as much as I do. I was trying to figure out why I love holidays so much. I came up with a couple of reasons. First of all my parents always made them special and fun. For example for Valentines day my mom and dad would give us a card that told us how much they loved us and a little treat. Second of all, I think holidays let the preschool teacher in me thrive. I love having a theme. I had so much fun with Emma this month. Almost every day we worked on valentine projects from homemade valentines for daddy to a valentine bag to decorating cookies for Dave's work. Em also made cookies and valentines for some of her friends in the neighborhood. We had a fun valentines play date with the cousins. I just love all the activities. Today we took the girls out to breakfast and gave them little valentine bags. We also took the girls to the store so Em could spend her valentine money she got from grandparents. So much fun. Then of course tonight after we put them to bed (after reading them valentine stories) I made Dave dinner. I always let him pick, this year he chose a grilled chicken salad. Crazy huh! In the past he has always chosen lasagna. I'll post the recipes they all turned out yummy. Anyway I hope everyone else had a GREAT valentines day! I'm off to finish celebrating, I still have dessert awaiting!

6 comments:

Heather Rose said...

I love ali's little valentines outfit she is just so adorable!! and emma's little cookies how fun. i let austin decorate some cookies it was so hard for me to just let him do it his way but he was so proud. Happy late valentines day to the millers!!

Kati said...

Dude I totally need ideas with holidays from you- I don't do very well at all with them! The Valentines Party for the kids was a real stretch for me! Brad's family doesn't evern realized when there are holidays so I fly solo when it comes to them. What kinda things are you going to do for Easter?

HappyHodges said...

What a perfect day! Thanks again for our dinner and treats yummy! You are so sweet! The girls look so cute (as always!) I love that you and I kinda work the same, our cute valentines day dinner tables. he he!

Jess Young said...

Our mom always made holidays special too. I loved coming home from school on V-day to a huge Hershey's Kiss-shaped rice crispy treat wrapped in tinfoil with a little message from our mom sticking out the top.

Tania Farr said...

THE VALENTINE'S OUTFITS ARE SO CUTE.EMMA AND ALI LOOK ADORABLE AS ALWAYS.GOOD JOB EMMA DECORATING THE COOKIES.

Emmy Bludorn said...

What a crafy mom. Your kids must have so much fun with you.