Yesterday I got such a great surprise. One of my dearesest friends stopped by to say hello before heading back to Washington DC. I met Emily when I was four years old. We moved into our house in Hyrum and her family lived across the street. We became fast friends and had many, many adventures together. We would pretend we were Ariel and flounce around on a tarp in her backyard. We saved up and bought roller skates and would pretend we were roller skating princess' who married twin brothers. We would ride our bikes down to the store and buy penny candies and then snack on them as we talked about life on my front porch. I have a million memories with Emily. She is an amazing friend. She brought me the absolute sweetest gift, a quilt she has been working on for ten years, she started it when we were in miamiads together.
It is absolutley beautiful. It is something I will always treasure. Although little Emma thinks its hers hehe. She loves it. After Emily left yesterday I told Em it was time for naptime and to go pick out a few books for me to read to her and hop in bed, this is how I found her.
Anyway, I just cherish the quilt. It touches my heart. I think the absolute best gifts are the ones that involve time and talent. On that note here is another gift Emily gave me once. Its a painting she did of me and her as little girls. It now hangs in my girls' room.
I hope my girls find a friend in their lives like Emily. Note-sorry if the pictures are blurry, I think there is still a problem with Dave's cam :(
5 comments:
What a sweet post! Thanks Britt. That warms my heart. I love it. I love that I got to see you, I love that I finally gave you the quilt I have been working on for 10 years, I love that you are such a good mom, I love that Emma likes "her" new bed, I love that I have a million memories with you--I can't imagine my childhood without you. They are synonymous.
sorry my camera didn't take good pictures. I'm glad you got to see emily though!
A good friendship is a treasure in its self.
Oh- I am such a baby- this was so sweet it even made me cry! That is so great to have a Life Long friend like Emily. How great it is that you got to see here and what heartfelt gifts to treasure!
How fun. What a sweet girl, no wonder you guys get along. Cute pictures, why isn't Dave camera working right? Did it not get fixed right? Lets get it taken care of. Let us know ASAP
Post a Comment