We headed to Moab for a quick, sunny, getaway! We left at 5:45 Friday morning and got home late Saturday evening. It was a short trip but oh, SO MUCH FUN!!!! The sunshine was simply delicious!Emma's favorite part was simply playing in the sand. It is amazing how much happier she is when she can play outside. She kept laughing and squealing in excitement. Ali had her first taste of sand, yum (another thing for you to add to your list mindy hehe), she ate it when I wasn't looking.




We were able to do a lot of hiking. I loved it. Emma did so well. She loved the arches. I couldn't believe how far her little legs carried her! It makes me really, really excited for this summer. One of the hikes we did, Landscape arch, we hiked quite a bit of the way in snow. It wasn't bad though. Still pretty warm.




Last but not least we got some biking in!!!! Dave headed out by himself Sat. morning and did a good portion of slickrock. Check out his blog for more details of his ride. After he was done he came back to pick up me and the girls. Did I ever mention what a great guy he is? We accidently left the tires to our bike trailer/stroller at home, so Dave carried Ali on the front and


This last pic is one of my favorites. It was taken Friday night. Emma and Ali were just chillin at the end of a long day. We usually camp, if it had just been me and Dave we would have braved the cold nights. For the sake of the girls we got a cheap motel room. Howie was even able to stay. It was surprising how cheap rooms are in the off season. The girls were sooooo tired and slept all the way home. When we got home Emma started to cry, "NOOOOOO, don't want to go home, go that way" while pointing back the way we had come. I felt the same way. I didn't want our mini vacation to end. I consoled myself with the fact that summer is coming, slowly, but surely.



7 comments:
honey that was a fun weekend get away we should do it more often
What a great weekend! And you got some great pictures! I am so jealous, and cantr wait until we can go soon.
We did a quick weekend hotel trip to Moab once. It was so much fun. I'm jealous - maybe we'll have to try to make a trip there when we're out there this summer.
Love Ali's toes in the sand.
holy crap i am jealous.. I love moab!! looks like you guys had so much fun!!! thats great it was good weather for you!!!! Im dieing to get down there as soon as it warms up!
You guys are great! Always doing fun staff.I just love the last picture of Emma and Ali with a computer.They are so CUTE!
I am so glad you guys had fun! I loved all the pictures! Ali is changing so much and I only saw her last week! glad you guys had a fun safe trip!
Looks so warm! Way jealous!
Post a Comment