Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Charlie and Itchy

Emma has been calling herself "Charlie" and Ali "Itchy" the last few days. Can ya tell she watched All Dogs go to Heaven at Mindys. Hehe. Anyway this post is all about my little Charlie and Itchy. Why? We just got their pictures back and I figured I could just show them to you, but wouldn't you like to know lots of cute little things about my kids? Too bad cuz here goes.

Ali just had her 4 month dr. apt. I know I'm a little behind considering she is fast approaching 5 months. She weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz (60th percentile) and was 24 1/4 inches long (50th percentile). Which means my suspicions have been right on and the little monkey is losing the chunk that I adore. It seems I should start letting Mindy and Dave feed her the ice cream and pudding I have caught both of them trying to sneak her. Anyway a few random tidbits about our little Al

  • Nicknames-Snuggle button, Ali-gator and Allers
  • Loves, Loves, Loves bathtime. She kicks and splashes and has a merry ol time.
  • Loves mirrors, if you put her in front of one she instantly starts beaming
  • Can roll from tummy to back
  • She goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up at 6:00, sleeps through the night
  • Laughs when you play Peek-A-Boo with her
  • Grasps and plays with hanging toys and stuffed animals
  • She is a thumb sucker, I think its adorable.
  • Als is such a good baby. We get a lot of people asking us, "is she always this good?"

We sure love Ali, she is so sweet and squishy and has such a tender personality. In other words, very lovable.

Ah yes, now on to our sweet little Emma. FYI Emma does not like getting pictures done. She fought us almost the whole time on it. I was happily surprised when we got lots of cute ones back. Little monkey. Alright about Emma,

  • Nickname-Squeakheart
  • Loves animals. I can't even stress it enough. She especially loves horses. Oh how she loves horses. She has a bed full to prove it.
  • Favorite color-Blue, everything has to be blue!
  • Favorite foods-pancakes (I had to limit her to pancakes for only one meal a day), mandarin oranges, bananas, beans (as in pinto, kidney and black).
  • Loves art projects and creating star snowmen with playdough
  • Loves books, she always asks, "please mama, just one more book"
  • Loves Disney Movies
  • Looooves chocolate and bubble baths, she informed me of this one day while sitting on the potty.
  • Loves to sing, at the top of her lungs!

Emma loves to tell us stories about things in her life. I'll share her three favorites which we hear a gazillion times a day.

"Mama I missssssed you when my adam and mindy came and you went on a date." In reference to when I left her to go on a date clear back in January

"I fell off my big tiger and got egg on my head and flour on my toes. I said, WAAAA. Daddy put me in the bath." She calls her stool her tiger. This is of course about the time she was helping me make bread.

"Remember when lightening Mcqueen went Bamm and Daddy and Grandpa fixed it." This is in reference to the time our car broke. They must have all been significant or traumatizing events in her life because we sure hear about them alot. Hehe. I love her chattering. We sure love and adore Emma. She is such an amazing little girl. She surprises me everyday. Usually in a good way.

What sweet little Daddy's girls huh! I have to say Emma is not liking Dave working days. She sure misses going in and giving him hugs and kisses and presents she made him. No wonder he never slept that great hehe.

Side note-spell check is not working so just ignore my bad spelling :)

9 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Oh my gosh! So adorable even better now i can see them off that little black and white print out! And you forgot to mention how much they both love me! ha ha j/k.

Kati said...

Awww... This is my favorite post. I love some of the cute things my nieces do!! I love them! Love the daddy picture!

Kati said...

Yes! I do love all the pictures, I got trigger happy and pressed the publish button! Love love love the pictures!

Michele said...

Was wondering about you guys with no posts, thats how I check on you. They are amazing little girls how blessed you and Dave are. Picture perfect!

Jess Young said...

I love this post. . .the pictures and the stories. And I sure would be beaming if my reflection was a cute as Ali's in a mirror.

Emmy Bludorn said...

Cute little girls. I love the Charlie and Itchy. My kids have never made it past the 10th percentile in weight! I can't imagine a 60th percentile baby and you say she used to be bigger! She's got the cutest little cheekies.

Tania Farr said...

I can just look at the pictures all day.They are beautiful.It is so fun to read about Emma and Ali.They are so adorable.You have to tell me were you take your girls pictures because they are the best.

Dave and Britt said...

Tania-I get their pictures done at Target. They always do an awesome job, plus they are really cheap! Just watch the mail for coupons or you can go to their website. You can get a one pose package for $7.99 or unlimited sheets for only $3.99. No sitting fees or anything.

Amber Lynn said...

these pictures are freakin adorible!!!! what cuties