Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sanity Savers

Here's a little fact you may not know about me.....I do not handle deadlines well. They make me sweat, even panic! When I was in school I used to have nightmares about having a paper due in 15 minutes and I would be running around campus madly trying to figure out what to do. When we have an upcoming trip I start having nightmares about having to leave in 5 minutes and I am frantically packing everything I can but everything keeps slippin through my fingers. This week is crazy busy with a TON of deadlines. You guessed it, I have been going a little crazy. Two nights ago I woke up in a panic because I had been dreaming the carpet people called to say they were on their way and our house wasn't even close to being ready. We weren't able to get as much done on the house this weekend as we had hoped and with everything else going on I've been really nervous, borderline frantic. You can imagine my excitement when I opened the door last night to find Adam and Mindy on my doorstep with dinner, an armful of clothes (I wanted something new and pretty to wear to Dave's graduation but didn't have any money to go shopping so min brought me a dozen outfits to try on from her closet) and a willingness to help. They were indeed my sanity savers to the rescue! Of course I put them to work! They helped me get a huge jump on finishing up painting. Which I was so grateful for because the trim HAD to be finished last night and Dave got stuck in a commuters worst nightmare and didn't get home until super late. Thanks you guys! I can't even say it enough....Thanks.

11 comments:

Dave said...

that was really nice of Adam and Mindy to come over! we have tonz of time before the carpet comes!

HappyHodges said...

Oh Britt you sure know how to make a girl feel good about herself, he he!!! I wish we could do more, but if all it takes is a ghetto dinner, some old clothes out of my closet and little painting I can handle that any time! This week will be crazy and fun, but we'll get through it!

Amber Lynn said...

lol how cool !!! cant wait to see more pictures

Tania Farr said...

I am happy the you have good friends.I am excited for you guys that David is graduating.

Michele said...

Bbqs, bridal shower, remodeling, I say your plate is full, good luck! Can't wait to meet Adam & Mindy they sound terrific!

Kelli said...

Adam and Mindy are so stinkin' cute! That is seriously so nice!! Can they be my friends too? You guys are really lucky to have such great friends. But you deserve it. Sorry to hear you are having such a crazy week. At least it's all exciting stuff! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.I'm sure you found something cute from Mindy's wardrobe, because she's so cute, but you are welcome to borrow anything of mine. I know how that is wanting to wear something cute and different and being sick of everything in your closet. I go through that all the time! That's why we need to go to Bukoos!!

Emmy Bludorn said...

I bet 4 extra arms really made a difference. And the fact that you know people are there for you and looking out for you probably makes a bigger difference!

Kati said...

Nice!!! It is so nice to have people willing to help! That is great! It sounds like they just jumped in and helped without even being asked which is even better! Sweet man! Post pictures of progress! I can't wait to see what you are doing!

Krystal said...

Wow, isn't it great to have good friends that really care! It sounds like they are in tune to what is important right now. You apparently have your hands full of projects. Good Luck - and dont worry, things always work out!

Kati said...

Sorry we couldn't come tonight! I really really wanted to- but they were able to fit me into the eye doctor in Brigham mid day so we didnt have to make a special trip up to get my glasses fitted. We are staying the weekend up here and truely can't afford the gas to drive to Layton and back- we are starting into double payments this month... On top of gas prices- life is pretty tight. I hope it was fun! We are SO SO EXCITED FOR DAVE!!! Post lots of pictures!

Jessica Adamson said...

My invitation always stands, but its good that there are people like Adam and Mindi around. Your an inspiration to me Britt...and just let me know when you want to do lunch...I'm all for it!

Congratulations on graduation David. Thats great!!