Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Saltines and Lemonade

Emma has a nightly ritual of eating graham crackers dipped in milk, "dippin crackers" as she calls them, while I read her her bedtime stories. Tonight we happened to be out of both ingredients. I gave her the next best thing, ok the only thing we had, saltines and lemonade. "This doesn't taste very good," she told me. For some reason though, she kept on dippin' and kept on eatin'. What a good sport :)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

OK, you crack me up! I love that. I love that first-you gave that to her thinking she wouldn't notice, second-she noticed it wasn't quite right, that saltines should NEVER be dipped in lemonade! and third-kept eating it anyway!
I love you guys!

Dave said...

poor little Emma bear I'm glad she is making the shopping list for tomorrow.

Krystal said...

What a riot! That is the cutest story. She is a patient child. I know many kids that would throw a tantrum if they didn't get their normal routine! Way to be a trooper Emma!

Michele said...

What's that saying when life gives you lemons make lemonade....in this case drink it too! Thanks for always commenting, you are the only one that ever does!

Anonymous said...

check out this link
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/