Thursday, March 5, 2009

No time for flashcards

I have found the coolest site (thanks Tania!) and had to share it with all you hot mamas out there. The name of the site is called...no time for flashcards. LOVE IT! As I studied child development in college, class after class stressed that flashcards, especially for wee ones, are not developmentally appropriate. Learning should be fun, hands on, and a result of exploration. After all, that is how children learn best. The site is FULL of fun projects and games to encourage learning. They even have thematic alphabet lessons that include a song, art project and recommended books for each letter. So cool. Check it out and let me know what you think. By the way, I'm thinking of starting a joint blog (I know, ANOTHER blog ;)) for mom's. It could be a place where we could all post fun kid activities, recipes, local sales, cleaning tips, craft projects etc. etc. Anyone interested?

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Love it, love it...LOVE IT! Thanks for the website! I only glanced at it and I know it's for me! Looks just like what I try and do with my Addy and I need all the thoughts and imagination I can get in teaching her. As for the blog...Sounds fun :) Not sure I can contribute any knowledge but I would love to take it in!

Heather Rose said...

hey i hope you guys are doing great!! I haven't been blogging it for a while and it looks like I decided to at the right time I was looking for something just like this! thanks so much for sharing!! :)

Jess Young said...

This site looks like a lot of fun. I'm excited to try some of the activities.