
I love watching my children sleep. As newborns, I would always hold them for hours on end as they slept and get completely lost in their facial twitches and soft breathing as only a mother could. There is something about watching them sleep that overwhelms me with love for them and I always end up thinking about who they are, their future and how much I want for them to succeed in their life and to know, without a doubt, that they are loved. Today Ali, who I don't think has been feeling very well, climbed up into her favorite rocking chair with her "deedee" and was fast asleep within minutes despite the hustle and bustle around her. I was busy trying to fold laundry (that I STILL haven't finished, sigh), entertain Emma and get dinner started but I couldn't help stop and study her sweet little face. I rarely get the chance to watch my little ones sleep anymore, they are much too busy for that, so I was thankful for the chance I had to put everything on hold for a little bit to simply watch my baby slumber.
4 comments:
The greatest joy as a mommy for sure! I always take advantage of sleeping moments.....they don't come around very often with my little Addy anymore, so it is a treat when I can snuggle my sleeping babe :) Brylee is still easy to catch napping and I can't tell you how many nights I have stayed up (much to late) enjoying it!
I love the pic. SO sweet! ;)
So tender. I love it and I agree completely that nothing is better than holding my baby close as she sleeps in my arms. Thanks for giving reminder of how wonderfully amazing the little things are. Love you Sweet Ali give her a love from me!
very true their is nothing better than a sleeping baby. The pic of your little Ali is perfect :)
So sweet...
Post a Comment