The other day we had one of those rare days where Dave had off AND it wasn't raining, haha ;). We, of course, had to make the very most of it. We started off with a ride.

We originally planned on biking the causeway out to Garr Ranch (about 40 miles) but only made it.....6 miles! Why? Bug season has begun on Antelope Island. They were everywhere, in my eyes, nose, ears....yuck. It worked out though because we had more time for.....

Canoeing! We got our canoe out for the first time this season. I love our canoe, it's a gem, it really is. We stopped at the good ol' country store before hitting the water to pick up a day's supply of penny candies. After all, whats canoeing without penny candies to munch on ?! while the girls and I were munching away Dave did a little fishin'. He caught a big ol' bass.

Nice work Dave. He also caught an.....

Ali!
Yup, that's right little Als went overboard. From the moment we got in the canoe she was hanging over the side splashing in the water (while Emma sat in the dead center of the canoe holding on extra tight).

Between Dave and I we had been able to keep her from tipping over but the little monkey finally got away from us. Dave and I were paddling extra hard and were moving pretty fast. I still don't know how it happened because Ali was behind me (on Dave's watch ;)) I just heard Emma scream and turned around to see my baby bobbing along in the water.

I have to admit, my heart stopped for a minute. We had to stop the canoe and turn around and chase Ali down. Poor little monkey was stunned. She was too shocked/scared to cry and just floated along in a trance like state. She would let out a cry or two every time a wave washed over her, which let me know she was still alive. Emma, I shouldn't laugh but I'm goin, was HILARIOUS. I thought she was going to have a heart attack or hyperventilate, she was hysterical. Anyway, we finally were able to grab our little lake monkey and pull her in. In all the commotion though we lost a paddle and then we had to chase that down. Ahhh, life's always an adventure with wee ones ;). Anyway, I'm excited to spend many more days in the sun, biking, canoeing and fishing with the my little fam.

Oh happiness :).
And don't ya worry, next time we are going to tie Ali in ;).
6 comments:
This looks so so fun! Oh how I cant wait for summer and days out in the sun playing and camping! I am in laughter and shock about poor Al! Thank goodness for life jackets! Crazy little one! When are we all goin out to enjoy the great outdoors together? We used to have fun ;)
What a great day! I tell ya, it makes me laugh that I know your daughters personalities just from reading your blog. Before reading through, I knew when you said canoeing, Emma would be very careFUL and Ali would be careLESS and more explorative! So cute! I'm glad it all turned out fine in the end....what a story to tell ;)
What a fun day. My parents told us stories of Kati jumping out of the boat when she was little while it was going. And "Mmm, mmm, mmm" penny candies sound yummy.
Thast would be SOOO scary! I wonder if she will remember this experience next time?!!? :)
I love that you guys get out and about so much!Always an adventure, for sure!
Looks like there having fun!!!
Looks like there having fun!!!
Post a Comment