a 1/4 loaf of bread on the counter and a few slices of cheese in the fridge. When Dave woke up I asked him about the new grocery items. Turns out one of the doctors Dave works with had a house-guest recently that LOVED cheese, but well, the house-guest departed and left the cheese behind. Turns out the good doctor is not a fan of cheese and is a firm believer in not wasting anything so she brought the leftover bread and cheese to give to Dave because he, and I quote,
"has a TON of kids, works a lot and doesn't make very much money." Haha, I feel a bit like the old woman in the shoe I tell ya ;). I laughed so hard. Don't get me wrong though, I am thankful for the food, its higher quality stuff then we usually buy and will make a killer grilled cheese sandwich for my little ones' lunch.
Speaking of food, besides our hand-me-down bread and cheese lately we have been living off of this...

Mmmmm nothing beats fresh fruit salad. I make a big batch every morning and by noon its gone. Oh the sweet tanginess of it....just one of the reasons I love this time of year.
2 comments:
We have been having fresh fruit salad everyday too! YUM!!! I am so thankful spring is here and strawberries are cheap!
That looks delicious!!!
Post a Comment