Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dessert First?!

You can only imagine the delight of my little ones when I announced today was a special day so we would be eating dessert BEFORE dinner. Little Ali was so excited she starting clapping and laughing with zeal. Once the girls were seated I brought out the cupcakes...



Little did they know the "cupcakes" were really dinner in disguise, meatloaf with blue mashed potatoes piped over top.

Emma licked hers hesitantly but still declared, "mmm this is good"


Ali, on the other hand, took one bite of hers and instantly started spitting and wailing and flailing about.


She was TICKED. She yelled and cried and then spit some more. I had myself a little laugh fest. What fun!!! I love April fool's day!!!

Don't ya worry, I made it up to the girls, after "dessert" the monkeys got some "dinner"...



who would have thought the day would come when they would prefer dinner to dessert?! Tee-hee, I'm still laughing. Thanks Jamie, for the wonderful idea!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

That is HILARIOUS!! I am cracking up! First of all: what a cute idea and second....I love the reactions! I will have to keep that in mind :)

HappyHodges said...

That is great! I am laughing at lil Als reaction! I dont blame her I would cry too ;) You are so fun and creative!

Kati said...

Hyrum and I BOTH think this is so funny!

Kelli said...

haha, great minds think alike! check out my blog. your cupcakes are much more tricky though. i'll have to try that next year.

mcbingham said...

What a great April fools day joke! I love that you got some good pictures out of it too. I'll have to remember that joke for the future!

Emmy Bludorn said...

that is too funny