Friday, April 17, 2009

the BIG news?

Alright, I've strung you along long enough so here goes...

after four long years we are finally a...

DIAPER FREE HOUSEHOLD!!!!

Wahoooooo (you better be clapping and cheering along with me) YEEE-HAWWWW, YAYYY! That's right, little Als has traded in her Huggies for some stylin' Elmo undies (which she picked out herself).


Now, I know with the way I carried on you may be a bit disappointed the news wasn't bigger, but seriously, I'm a stay-at-home mom who puts 90% of her time and energy into the little ones so it's all I've got ;). It's especially exciting for me because Ali was a hard one to potty-train, which surprised me because of all the interest she had been showing. I expected her to have it down after a day-and-a-half like Emma, although Emma was a whole year older. Anyway, its been about two weeks and I still hear "uh-oh poo" more then I'd like to, but, for the most part, she's got it down. Now I'm busy planning what I can do with the money we save monthly in diapers. The yard, maybe I'll sink the money into the yard, it definitely could use a bit of help. Oh dear me, I wish it was something more exciting.

Forgot to mention, Ali also started nursery this month and moved from the crib into the bottom bunk. Its been an eventful few weeks for my little one.

Sniff. She's growing up so fast.

7 comments:

Tania Farr said...

Good job Ali. Uau she is so young and potty train that's exciting.

Krystal said...

YAY for Ali!! That is such a HUGE accomplishment! You kids have been busy...glad it's been fun!
oh, cute panties :)

Heather Rose said...

YAY!! thats is exciting news.
great job Ali!!

Kelli said...

woot woot! congratulations little als!
i can't belive she's potty trained. she's so little!
that is worth celebrating!

HappyHodges said...

I'm in!!! Now.... Put your hands up!!! Go Al! What a big girl! Love you and cheers little one!

Kati said...

Wowie! That is just great!!!! What method did you do? I need to get Paul started thinking about it again for the 3rd time... With Hyrum it was 3rd time the charm- so let us hope for the same thing with Paul!

Rachel Holloway said...

SOOO EXCITING! I would say that's AWESOME news! CONGRATS!