Monday, June 11, 2007

Emma's first (and hopefully last) CT scan

Poor little Emma. Today Em had her 2 yr. well child check-up. During her exam her doctors became concerned with this lump she has on the back of her head. She has always had it but it seems to be getting worse. I didn't understand all the details (Dave wasn't there to explain them to me) but they were worried her bones on one side were fusing together prematurely, causing problems. So poor little Em had to get a Ct scan to see if she needed surgery. It was absolutely horrible. We had to go to Primary Children's to get it done. Quick note, Primary's is awesome. It is so kid friendly. Emma was in heaven until they strapped her to a table. There were so many toys and coloring tables and fish tanks and what not, and the staff was awesome! So yeah they had to completely strap Emma down to this table. She actually did fine until I had to leave. I had to watch through this window as Emma just cried and screamed. It was awful and it seemed to take forever. The guy doing it though was so good with her. He just kept talking to her and showing her stickers and toys and he even blew bubbles for her. They called with the results and luckily everything is just fine. Hehe a few hundred dollars just to tell us our child has a weird shaped head. Better safe than sorry I guess! On a good note Emma is finally back on the growth charts! She is in the 10th percentile for weight and the 25th for height. That half a gallon of whole milk she drinks everyday seems to be doing wonders.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I'm glad Emma is OK she is such a cute little girl I miss her. I'm excited for a few days off this weekend. anyway back to work!!

Anonymous said...

What a scarey day! Hopefully we have NO more like this! Grandma loves her babies too much...much more than auntie crystal!

Emily said...

Oh Brittney, I am so sorry you had to go through that...I would be so sad watching my child go through that. I am SO HAPPY she is okay.

Anonymous said...

Glad she's okay. There's nothing worse than being scared/worried for your child.
On a bright note, she's passed Josh on her percentiles. I think Joshy boy is still only about 4th or 5th for weight. He drinks whole milk constantly all day and it doesn't touch him! Skinny kids we all seem to have.