I just wanted to wish dave and my dad a very Happy Fathers Day. They are two of the greatest guys I have ever met. I was thinking about how much the two of them have in common. For example, their love of the outdoors, their fix it themselves attitude, their willingness to support their family no matter what, their easy-going make the best of life attitude, etc. etc. I love that there is a day set aside to celibrate them! Dave had to work tonight so me and Em woke him with breakfast in bed and his present. We let him nap until church and then came home and I made him dinner. It was a really relaxing day. I also wanted to post some pictures of our adventures from yesterday. Yesterday Dave took the girls on a bike ride and then we headed to the bird refuge. It was a great time to go. We saw hundreds of birds. Isn't this picture of Bryanna and Emma strolling along the boardwalk hand in hand adorable! You can see Amilya just ahead of them.
After an afternoon nap we headed up Farmington canyon. We drove and then went on a little hike to get to the top. It was a gorgeous view! Afterwards we found a nice shady side trail where we had a hot-dog roast and let the girls play. Dear sweet Emma managed to fall out of her camping chair twice. She opened up her road rash scabs and had blood running down her face. She also got some new scratches and bruises. You can tell she is a very busy girl. We also found some time yesterday to work on Father's day projects. The girls just love art and craft projects!
*NOTE...I know I usually only post one recipe a week but I had to post all of the ones I used today. They were all oh so good! We had the blueberry-cheese rolls for breakfast, the grilled bruschetta for an appetizer, the caramelized beef skewers over a salad for dinner and the chocolate passion bowl for dessert. Yum. You gotta try them!*
3 comments:
i couldn't ask for a better son-in-law than Dave...he takes such wonderful care of three of my girls! Thanks Dave and Happy Father's Day.
I can't even handle how cute Emma is! Also, I agree with Lori, I could not have asked for a better friend-in-law. I really think Dave is great. Oh Brittney, I love that I get to stay updated on your life! After a lul of four years I feel again reuninted.
Wow, I've finally find time to check out your blog (first time since the b-day party blog). I'm still trying to talk B into trying Mt Timp but have been unsuccessful so far. You guys might need to help me out.
Post a Comment