Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ali at 2 months

My sweet little baby is already two months old. Well actually 2 1/2 months old. It seems like I just had her yesterday. I can't believe how fast they change. At her 2 month well child check-up she weighed in at 11 lbs. 15 oz and was 22 inches long. She is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 50th for height. She is our little chubber ball. I adore all her rolls. Except sadly they are slowly disappearing. I noticed yesterday she only has 2 chins now instead of 4 1/2. Her cheeks don't seem as juicy either. I'm hoping she is only growing lengthwise and will plump up again in no time. She is such a mellow one. She smiles a lot and loves to coo. Just recently she decided she doesn't like to be cuddled when sleeping and will kick at me if I'm touching her. Also, she is now only getting up once to eat at night (around 3). Lets hope that lasts. I'm enjoying the baby snuggles and the many chances I get to hold and rock her. I know it won't last forever hehe. Before you know it they are 2 years old and giving you a quick Eskimo kiss as they run off to play. I have to admit I was worried about how well I would handle two kids. I am in heaven. I don't think my heart can stretch any more. I just love my girls! Emma is still the best big sister. Lately she has been telling us that she is Mulan and Ali is Mooshu (off of Mulan the Disney movie). Its sweet Emma always casts herself as the main character and Ali as her sidekick. Em loves taking care of Ali and Ali loves the attention from Em. I'm in scrap booking heaven recording all the cute sisterly things they do. So the reason for this whole post is because we got Ali's two month pics back today. Funny story about that. I went in to pick them up and they pulled out three of the cutest mirages of pics of me and Al. I loved them but didn't order them so I was confused. Apparently they printed them to display in the store. Fun huh. I was actually so mad at myself for picking the picture I did for the packet. I love it, don't get me wrong, but after seeing the ones they picked I realized I like other poses more. Ah well plenty more chances for pictures huh. I had to include this pic of Ali getting her shot. I took it for Dave on my cell phone. He was at home with Emma but I didn't want him missing out. Poor girl though. Do you understand now why I make Dave hold them when they get shots, or blood drawn, or their ears pierced etc. My motherly heart cannot handle their distress. I cry more then them. Silly I know.

4 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Cutest ever! I l.ove this post its so warm and loving! You will have to take me to that store now that you are models so I can see. So cute! And that poor shot at the doctors, ouch! I know how she feels!

Brad and Kati Baxter said...

Sweet blog entry. You look so cute in the top picture! You are so lucky to have such a great profile! Ali is a beautiful precious jewel! I totally hear you as you write about how you don't think your heart can streatch any more. I love the wonderful moments of my boys interacting together. Today they were singing together "Do, Do, Do" in this cute little melody. I just soaked up the moment with joy! Trust me, your heart will continue to streatch with the slightest suprises... Enjoy it!

Tania Farr said...

Cutest pictures ever.I love the first pose of you and Ali is beautiful.Poor Ali so sad.I am a big girl and I still want to cry when I have to get shots.

Michele said...

Only an amazing mother could write the way you do about your girls, so happy for you honey, truly. Can't wait for new pics for my frames, hint hint.