







What a fun day! Christmas morning Emma woke us up at 6:30. We had to drag Ali out of bed....she isn't an early riser like Em. Emma was sooooo excited. We had fun opening presents. Dave got the biking camera he has been coveting from Santa. Emma got a Boots and Dora backpack, figurines and movie (she loves her boots and Dora) and Ali got some baby toys and a play mat. In my sock I found Ipod skins. That got me a little giddy. Dave made me go down to his shop and use his big Circular Saw to cut open my present. I screamed the whole time. Inside buried beneath packaging foam and sitting on weights was an Ipod Nano. Don't worry after saying Thank you I reprimanded him for spending so much. I mean we set a limit! I secretly love it so I wasn't too upset hehe. Oh my heck so when we got down to his shop Dave also had gifts he had made for us. He made Emma a cute little rocking chair made out of our old Christmas trees. He made me, well is in the process of making me a log dresser! I was so touched. That boy is amazing. He has now made me an entire bedroom set.
We had a fun morning of just opening presents, enjoying pigs in the blanket (our traditional Christmas morning breakfast) and just hanging out. We had to get going sometime though. We visited with Dave's family in Mantua for a while. Em and Ali got a rocking horse. Emma was in heaven and named it Starsky. We then went and spent time with my family. All I can say is my girls got spoiled!!! Emma got a big girl bike. She is so cute on it. My fam got me new pots and pans, bake ware and a new cookbook. I'm am so flippin excited!
That afternoon we headed up Logan Canyon to go sledding!! My dad and Matt came. My dad brought his cross country skiis and pulled Em around in a sled. Me and Dave got a chance to go down together. I was scared of the speed so I put my feet down to slow us down. I ended up gasping for air and getting covered in snow. We had a good time. It was a great day filled with family and fun.
4 comments:
Well Merry Chrsitmas you guys! My boys LOVE the gift! Thank you so much for them! I need to get ours to you guys! Thanks SO MUCH for the recipe holder, and all the tasty recipes! I am so excited, it is so cute, and I hate having to grab for a recipe in the middle of making something, so that is svery very helpful! Thanks! My boys love the horse too, it is so cute huh!
What a fun day! A Nano how fancy! It was great to see you guys tonight, sorry for the surprise stop! Have fun in Jackson and be careful, maybe we can get together for new years!
Christmas with kids is the best. I love that picture of you cutting your present open. Priceless. I bet Dave was enjoying every minute of it. That is so awesome he made Emma a little rocking chair and he's making you a dresser. How nice to have a crafty husband.
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Enjoy the New Year as well!
Post a Comment