Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Creative Wrapping

If you are like me, you grab some colorful wrapping paper, some ribbon and bows and a couple cute tags and sit down to wrap your Christmas presents. Not Dave, this morning he brought my present up from his shop and placed it under the tree. He built a wood box. My present is nailed/glued inside. He then used the wood burner to decorate it. Creative huh. I tell ya being married to that boy is a fun adventure! Anyone have any ideas for me on how to open it on Christmas morning? I asked Dave and he just said, "huh, I didn't think that far ahead, it will be tricky though because its kinda breakable."

This was Dave's wrapping job from last year. Every time they had a patient come into the ER who needed a cast he would save the casting supplies that weren't used and they were just going to throw away. He put my present in a cardboard box and put a cast on it. It took a steak knife, some pruning shears and a good 20 minutes to get that one open. Its a good thing I'm in charge of wrapping the girls' presents. Seriously, I need ideas on how to get this years gift open.

3 comments:

Tania Farr said...

Britney good luck in opening the present from David.Amazing wrap.Sorry I can't help how to open.

HappyHodges said...

Guess your going to have to wedge screw driver in and gently hammer it open! And if it breaks, he'll have to get you a new one, its his fault for making it so hard ;)

Emmy Bludorn said...

Good luck with that one.