Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Beautiful Baby Girl

Isn't she beautiful! Doesn't that smile just make your day a little bit brighter! We got Ali's 6 month pics back today. I love them. They captured the sweet, happy nature of my little one. So, a little about Ali at 6 months. She weighed in at 15 lbs and is 25 3/4 inches long. She is in 50th percentile for head, weight and length. the The doctor said she is simply perfect! I heartily agreed. He also commented on how she has the biggest blue eyes he has ever seen. Anyway, little Als rolls and rolls and rolls and scoots to get around. She is working on sitting but is still a little tipsy, as shown below hehe. I just love her. She is a really social baby. Its funny to watch her with other people, she will meet their gaze and smile at them and coo and just hold eye contact making them feel like they are the only thing in her world. She is getting to the stage where she gets a little nervous if someone she doesn't know real well picks her up. She will frantically search the room and whimper a bit until she finds me. As soon as I reassure her that I am near she is happy and smiley again. Little nut. We sure love her. She has just added so much happiness to our little home. Did I mention she is loving Emma lately? Emma can get her laughing so hard, its so cute to watch. Als is truly a blessing in our lives.

Quick note about the second pic. I love it and hate it. It was actually one the photographer caught spur of the moment, we weren't posing. Ali was doing her smiley, eye contact thing and drew her right in. I love it because of Ali's sweet, sweet expression, I hate it because I look like I'm mauling her. I couldn't resist the face though :)

Also thought I would post some cute pics of the girls at storytime and the park today (they aren't the best quality because I took them with my camera, its all I had). I take them to storytime once a week. If I'm ambitious I'll take them twice. I really like it. They always pick a theme, today was books from around the world. They read books and sing songs and today they even got to color a big ol map. Emma gets so excited, she always runs and sits front and center. Right across the library is a really nice park we go to afterwards to play and feed the ducks. Ali had her first taste of being pushed in the swings and LOVED it. Every time I would push her she would start laughing so hard, it was adorable. I love my girls, I'll admit there are moments when I want to lock myself in the bathroom for a few precious seconds of alone time (never works, Emma starts banging on the door and chanting "Let me in") but every mom goes through that right? I love them, I really do.

11 comments:

HappyHodges said...

I Love them! Of course they turned out perfect just like her! And I love how great you are like taking them to story time and play! I also adore how sweetly you talked about your girls, it reassured me that this pregnancy thing is going to be totally worth it!

Heather Rose said...

oh my goodness i love those pictures of ali she is just too adorable!!
why is it that we pick the bathroom for our peacfull place? i do it to but it never works for me either.

Kati said...

Love the pictures of Ali! She is just absoulutely Beautiful! I can't wait to move and take my kids to story time! Hyrum will love it, Paul, well... We will see.

Kati said...

Oh! I was going to tell you! Chalk another one up for "Paul and Ali as twins in the Premortal" Paul just had his 18 month old check and, you guessed it 50% weight, height, and head. Funny huh!

Jessica Adamson said...

I'm not a mother so I wouldn't know that every mother goes through that, but at least every mother that I know of does. Your daughters are beautiful....I live not so far from you, if you ever need adult company, or just adult conversation....let me know....

Jessica Adamson said...

I live in salt lake
email me sometime jesrice@gmail.com

The Morton Family said...

How cute are these pictures? All of them. She is tiny.. my friend just told me that her 7 wk. old baby weighs 15 lbs. I haven't seen her, but imagine for 7 wks. that is pretty big!
Story time is a good idea. I wonder if Brynlee will be a calmer baby than brax and allow it.

Kati and Brad are moving up your way? Didn't know that!
Hugs!

Michele said...

She is a bright light of joy! Gorgeous as ever! I always love to see her bows! Hugs & Love, Auntie

Tania Farr said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES OF ALI.SHE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL WITH BEAUTIFUL EYES.UAU!STORY TIME AT THE PARK LOOKS FUN AND LOOKS LIKE EMMA IS ENJOYING.SHE IS SOOOOOOOOO CUTE.

Kelli said...

First of all, Ali is gorgeous, and gets even more gorgeous every time I see her. I just love her. That picture of her all dressed up and smiling so big is so adorable.
It's so cute that she rolls around and scoots. I have to see that soon.
Storytime is so cute. I'll have to go with you one of these days. Cute, cute pictures.

Emmy Bludorn said...

Ali looks so pretty in that dress - I love it. And I agree that her face in the one where you think you look like you're mauling her is adorable.